Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp Glow on 2 brand new D5500's  (Read 10047 times)

Photographic Memory

Amp Glow on 2 brand new D5500's
« on: January 26, 2018, 08:01:04 am »

(Is this the correct forum to post this?)

I am wondering if you can offer any advice. I just recently bought a brand new D5500 to replace my D3300. I loved using the D3300, but was getting unwanted Noise in my Night Shots, so after some research I read that the D5500 is "notoriously good" in low light. I even bought a brand new AF-S 35mm 1.8g to compliment the package.
Here's where things get "strange"... 2 weeks ago I received it and immediately confirming it was "brand new" I checked the Shutter Count. It proved to be '1' so I was very happy, but after a few days I noticed some of my Photos in low light, needing Shadows and Exposure lifted in Post showed a purple "band" across the bottom. Well, after extensive research I came to learn the term 'Amp Glow' and read up on your D80 discovery. Yet what I see people were/are complaining about pales in comparison to the excessive Amp Glow I was getting.

Luckily the company accepted me returning the camera and issued me another brand new D5500 which arrived today. Excited, yet nervous, to try it out, initial Shutter Count proved to be '1' again, model looked like previous, untouched, yet to my dismay, I am yet again experiencing the exact same problem on this new D5500.
I am at a loss on what to do, I am teaching out for advice from the 'experts'. I think I will contact Nikon Customer Service, but this is all new to me. Never had a problem with any of my brand new DSLR's in the past, them being a D40X, a D3100, and my D3300. All worked from the start, giving me years of satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please advise.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up