Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Government Shutdown Redux  (Read 928 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
US Government Shutdown Redux
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:34:11 am »

And so Alan Goldhammer as moderator shuts down the "US Government Shutdown" thread upon receiving a bunch of thoroughly justified complaints about his performance in that thread. Clearly he shuts it down in order to limit further complaints about him, but then reopens it for one more of HIS comments as THE FINAL WORD.

In that final word he pontificates with left-wing views on what he wants us to believe the Republicans have and haven't done, never mentioning the shoddy and shady activities of their opponents in Congress, and shutting off any response that could take issue with him.

Wow! That's quite a performance for a "neutral" moderator!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

DP

Re: US Government Shutdown Redux
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:50:06 am »

where did you get this idea that moderators are neutral ?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:57:38 am »

It's not just my idea, Dip. I realize that the LuLa powers that be intended to balance the moderatorship with two guys more or less on opposite sides of the political fence. But The Coffee Corner didn't start out as a forum for outrageous political opinions, though that's what it degenerated into. If you think it's okay to have a moderator jump into every subject with strong political views then I'd guess you haven't been long on the web. Yes, there are sites like that -- designed to be like that. But LuLa supposedly is a site about fine photography.

And to any moderator who'd shut down a thread because he feels threatened by it, I'd echo Truman, with whom I often disagreed but whom I always respected: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:39 am »

My understanding was that Alan and Ray were moderators of that one climate change thread only. Is this incorrect?

How do we know who shut down the government shutdown thread? I assumed that it was shut down by the usual moderators because of the personal attacks.
--
Robert

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:38:10 am »

Unless I hit some button by mistake I did not shut down the thread!!!!!!!  I apologized for the wrong adjective in my post.

EDIT:  I will not be posting on any US government topics from now on.  There is just no way to have a good discussion and I'm just as much at fault as others.  I only moderate the climate change thread.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:51:13 am »

I shut down the topic and it will stay shut. The discussion is as dysfunctional as the subject...
Pages: [1]   Go Up