Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kolarivision thin fllter for Sony a7rii experience on wide angle Leicas  (Read 12473 times)

emreguclu

• http://500px.com/emreguclu

Hello Everyone,

Kolarvision has a thin filter conversion option for sony a7 series (all of them) which offers reduced astigmatism and field curvature issues. I am looking for if somehas experience especially with my dream lense lux 28 (Summilux 28 1.4) on sony a7s. will this conversion is a total replacement for m body (just in terms of IQ not the rangefinder experience)?

I have searched through the web found experiences and comparitive IQ results but not for the 28 1.4...

I know this filter will reduce native lense IQ but dedicating a 2000$ instead 6-7k$ leica is a good bargain if similar IQs achieved right?

Cheers!
Emre

Paul Roark

Re: Kolarivision thin fllter for Sony a7rii experience on wide angle Leicas
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:07 am »

The Kolarivision certainly improves the performance of Leica wides on the Sony, but I can't say how it would perform with your 28mm f/1.4.  I have the 28mm f/2.8, which is a "compact" lens that is quite symmetrical in design and thus has a rather obtuse ray angle on the sensor.  The UT coverglass does not make the Sony equal to the M9 with this wide angle lens.  If you'd like me to send some test shots with the Sony a7r and UT filter, let me know. (I no longer have an M9 to do direct comparison shots.)

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

emreguclu

• http://500px.com/emreguclu
Re: Kolarivision thin fllter for Sony a7rii experience on wide angle Leicas
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:00:06 pm »

Thanks a lot Paul! I understand thin filter conversion might be an opportunity for those who has old leica glass with a limited range of focal lengths (not the wider ones). It is not there yet to replace leica body with sony (if you are not after a range finder but after just the optics).

I have checked your site which has quite useful information! Thanks a lot for sharing!

Regards,
Emre
Pages: [1]   Go Up