Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4K tv also used as a digital photo frame  (Read 14068 times)

gchappel

Re: 4K tv also used as a digital photo frame
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 07:38:55 am »

Just finished the video and article on digital frames last night.  It will go in the Queue and be published in the next 2 weeks.

Kevin, I am looking forward to your opinions and thoughts.  I have a couple of wall areas that are calling for one of these.
Gary

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 12:08:31 pm »

Check out https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/frame-tv/ as it's a pre-designed setup, but with a pre-designed price. 
Is this something I can integrate into my existing 4K UHDTV or 2K HDTV? (I have both kinds)

Joe Towner

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 11:23:27 am »

Is this something I can integrate into my existing 4K UHDTV or 2K HDTV? (I have both kinds)

This is a complete system, not something that can be added to an existing setup.

Flipping around the internet, it seems OLED tv's are at risk of burn in.  LCD's aren't as bad, but given a use case of a single image for months on end, it would most likely happen.  The method to get around this is something that can schedule different content, with motion in the off hours, and to actually turn it off as well.

If the intent is to hide the tv, there are over screen mounts that would allow you to hang a framed photo to cover the tv, and give you that constant look.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up