Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 Fatal Error 011A :(  (Read 5096 times)

Schmoe

Epson P800 Fatal Error 011A :(
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:58:59 am »

I printed three matte pages tonight (had to switch inks).  When I pressed the power button to turn it off, it went through its usual dance and I didn't pay much attention.  Then later I glanced at it and noticed there was an error message on the screen saying "fatal error" "error code: 011A".  I pushed the power button again, it turned off finally.  I turned it back on, everything seemed to be fine.  I printed a printer status page and it worked.  I printed a photo on normal paper and it worked fine.  I turned it off, and it turned off without the error.

Questions:
1. Are Epson error codes documented somewhere? I couldn't find it.
2. Anyone have experience with this error code?  Any advice would be appreciated.  I just bought this printer a week ago.  :(

FWIW, I'm the person who posted about finding a strange loose metal piece when unpacking the printer (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=122687.0).  I hope this isn't related.

Farmer

Re: Epson P800 Fatal Error 011A :(
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:10:18 am »

If it has cleared and not come back, sounds OK, but given your previous issue contact Epson and ask them to note it on your file in case something else happens.  It's not unheard of to get such an error and have it clear and never happen again.
Phil Brown

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:23:46 am »

I printed three matte pages tonight (had to switch inks).  When I pressed the power button to turn it off, it went through its usual dance and I didn't pay much attention.  Then later I glanced at it and noticed there was an error message on the screen saying "fatal error" "error code: 011A".  I pushed the power button again, it turned off finally.  I turned it back on, everything seemed to be fine.  I printed a printer status page and it worked.  I printed a photo on normal paper and it worked fine.  I turned it off, and it turned off without the error.

Questions:
1. Are Epson error codes documented somewhere? I couldn't find it.
2. Anyone have experience with this error code?  Any advice would be appreciated.  I just bought this printer a week ago.  :(

FWIW, I'm the person who posted about finding a strange loose metal piece when unpacking the printer (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=122687.0).  I hope this isn't related.

First question, and actually the only question at this point.  Is this a new printer?  By that I don't mean simply new to you, but NEW.  If that is the case, it arrived with a warranty.  Then, even though the printer seems to be working properly now, in my opinion you should call the Epson Preferred Service number in the booklet that came with the printer.  Hopefully you will never see this error again, and the printer will produce many great prints for years to come.  However, a call to Epson will have two positive outcomes.  You will be able to ask the service tech about the error code and what it refers to.  Also, and this is very important, you will have started a conversation with Epson about your new printer and what has happened.  That conversation will be logged under your name and the printer serial number, so if you have to call again they already have some of your information on file.  I would also suggest that you start an "Issue Log" of your own, including possible problems and dates.  That can be a very important bit of information to refer to in the case of another Epson Service call.

EDIT:  Obviously Phil and I are on the same wavelength here, but I didn't see his reply until I initially posted this one.

Gary   

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:16:50 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Schmoe

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:43:54 am »

Called Epson and the tech said that code points to a need for firmware update. Which is odd, because the first thing the printer driver did when I installed it a week ago was inform me there’s updated firmware and it proceeded to update. I suppose it’s possible it’s not up to date, but I’ll have to confirm when I get home. I somehow doubt that’s truly the issue. The tech had nothing else to offer other than suggesting I perform a nozzle check to make sure everything is ok.  I made sure to get a reference # and make sure my issue is logged in their system.

*sigh* I’ve had this printer for less than a week, and though it’s put out some amazing prints, I can’t say my experience has been a great one.  Is this just “how it is” with higher end printers?? :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up