Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting older Mamiya lenses on Phase One XF?  (Read 2834 times)

narikin

Mounting older Mamiya lenses on Phase One XF?
« on: January 15, 2018, 02:03:34 pm »

HI - I thought nearly all but the very oldest Mamiya 645 AF and MF lenses mounted onto Phase bodies, but I read somewhere that they used to with the DF/DF+ but no longer do with the XF - is that so, and if that's the case, is there an adapter/adaptation to make them work?

The Apo-telephoto ones in particular were amazing and I'd love to be able to add them to my lens range. Apo 200/2.8 A, Apo 300mm f4.5, 500mm, etc.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:14:41 pm by narikin »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Mounting older Mamiya lenses on Phase One XF?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 07:50:03 pm »

HI - I thought nearly all but the very oldest Mamiya 645 AF and MF lenses mounted onto Phase bodies, but I read somewhere that they used to with the DF/DF+ but no longer do with the XF - is that so, and if that's the case, is there an adapter/adaptation to make them work?

The Apo-telephoto ones in particular were amazing and I'd love to be able to add them to my lens range. Apo 200/2.8 A, Apo 300mm f4.5, 500mm, etc.

Thanks

As a result of the research that DT did for Big Buttery Bokeh and the solution that DT developed Phase One posted this KB Article on modifying Mamiya 645 lenses on the XF. If you're handy you can do the mod yourself. If not a machine shop or photo repair shop can do it. Contact your local Phase One dealer for recommendations in your area.

Graham Welland

Re: Mounting older Mamiya lenses on Phase One XF?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 05:10:08 am »

I have to congratulate Phase One for posting the smallest, lamest images in that KB article. They could definitely do a MUCH better set of detailed images of the precise area on the flange that needs to trimmed away in order to mount on the XF.  ::)
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up