Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6.14 import issue  (Read 1273 times)

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
LR 6.14 import issue
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:04:40 pm »

What's going on here,
imported and stored from my usually fast 90mb card ca. 700 pentax 645Z files, which usually takes about 20 min. Took 5 1/2 hours.
Thought, oh, that must be because I had the <copy to backup> checked and the processor must have a hard time doing two things at a time.
Did another import of smaller fuji files, about 80 of them, same card, with no backup option, still at it, so will probably take about 1/2 h.
Mac is not doing anything else at the same time.
Is any of you having speed-issues lately ?
Never seen this behaviour before
cheers
Stephan

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
Re: LR 6.14 import issue
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:20:03 pm »

actually 1 1/2 hours...

mbaginy

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:08:33 am »

In recent weeks, it seems that my imports take longer too.  I haven't a clue why.  Importing used to be groups of four or five images until completion.  Now the previews show up all at once, but only after a great while.  At first I though LR had frozen.

I'm importing Fujifilm X-series raw files to LR Classic.

While I am very pleased with LR and PS results, I'm not sure I could recommend the combination to a new user.  If I were to begin today, I'd probably use (the greatly improved) Apple Photos plus an extension or two.

Were the migration (to another software) of my 40k + files easier, I'd seriously contemplate it.

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 05:45:07 am »

just checked my storage space and it seems that the slow speed is on account of the disks have under 100gb left. will try again after rearranging folders and report back...
Pages: [1]   Go Up