Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joshua Jackson  (Read 791 times)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Joshua Jackson
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:12 am »

I hadn't heard of him before... there's certainly a lot of Saul Leiter in these photos, but I'll take quality over innovation any day :-)

http://culturainquieta.com/es/foto/item/13245-un-paseo-por-las-calles-de-londres-de-la-mano-del-fotografo-joshua-k-jackson.html

Rob C

Re: Joshua Jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:04:28 pm »

Thank you for the link, Graham. I haven't come across him either, but I do think he's deeply into the Leiter vibe! Some of the closer images are beautiful, but everything suffers (for my tastes) because it's just too damned sharp. There is no mystery, just critically clear visual information which kills romance, just as it will sex in a bright room, though I have ever avoided such rooms at such times.

I think I have noted one or two of Leiter's own shots, made after he went digital, that suffer the same defeat. Memory tells me one of those is of a London bus.

It's like playing Saint Louis Blues as does Chuck Berry: the styles are not the same and I don't think they travel at all well. Okay, had there been no film Leiter, that would be a totally different matter, but once the original has been noted...

I had another peep at my new book today, and as I expected, once over the initial disappointment over the dearth of fashion pix, I was able to enjoy it for itself, as well as, again, the lovely printing. I have never seen any of the original printed images, but taking the ones in the book on their own value, beautiful if a bit small. I guess it's the way to keep repro costs affordable...
Pages: [1]   Go Up