Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ3100 - bubble level is off  (Read 1892 times)

Zachary Goulko

IQ3100 - bubble level is off
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:10:15 am »

I put my IQ3100 on a new Cambo Actus and noticed that the levels on the digital back are significantly off, by about 15 degrees side to side and 10 degrees forward/back. I tried to recalibrate on the XF body, but that didn't help. Spoke with Phase One support and they said to try and put it on another XF body and try to recalibrate. Has anyone else experienced this issue and find a solution?
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: IQ3100 - bubble level is off
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:19:23 am »

I put my IQ3100 on a new Cambo Actus and noticed that the levels on the digital back are significantly off, by about 15 degrees side to side and 10 degrees forward/back. I tried to recalibrate on the XF body, but that didn't help. Spoke with Phase One support and they said to try and put it on another XF body and try to recalibrate. Has anyone else experienced this issue and find a solution?

You can adjust the offset while it’s on your Cambo, assuming that the bubbles on the camera are fitted correctly.

BR
Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 08:56:19 am »

You can adjust the offset while it’s on your Cambo, assuming that the bubbles on the camera are fitted correctly.

BR
Yair

Hi Yair,
Could you please elaborate? How would I go about doing that?
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

algrove

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:21:08 am »

I did it too on an Alpa camera. Adjusted tripod and cube to be level. If I recall one holds down the level on the left side of the LCD down the list of tools and then adjustments are possible to make and change. Follow on screen prompts.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:23:39 am »

Hi Yair,
Could you please elaborate? How would I go about doing that?

A long press on the alignment tool gives you access to its settings including roll & pitch offset, see page 76 in this manual

BR
Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:11 am »

A long press on the alignment tool gives you access to its settings including roll & pitch offset, see page 76 in this manual

BR
Yair

Awesome, thanks! I'm surprised the tech support at Phase didn't suggest this.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »

Awesome, thanks! I'm surprised the tech support at Phase didn't suggest this.

It’s unclear from your post exactly who you called. Support for Phase One cameras is provided by their Partners (aka dealers); you are not meant to call P1 directly any more then you would call Toyota’s corporate HQ if your brakes were making a strange noise. For example, at DT every one of our five Support techs would know how to calibrate an IQ level off the top of their heads and could also provide some useful guidance on why you might purposefully “miscalibrate” it, for example when shooting products on a heavy duty shoot table that isn’t perfectly level. Did the person you spoke with recommend you speak with your dealer?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:16:16 pm by Doug Peterson »

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 04:45:29 pm »

It’s unclear from your post exactly who you called. Support for Phase One cameras is provided by their Partners (aka dealers); you are not meant to call P1 directly any more then you would call Toyota’s corporate HQ if your brakes were making a strange noise. For example, at DT every one of our five Support techs would know how to calibrate an IQ level off the top of their heads and could also provide some useful guidance on why you might purposefully “miscalibrate” it, for example when shooting products on a heavy duty shoot table that isn’t perfectly level. Did the person you spoke with recommend you speak with your dealer?

I contacted Phase One support. I didn't realize it was uncommon to contact them directly as per your Toyota analogy and I didn't buy the camera from a dealer. When I had issues with my Leaf back years ago I would call Mac Group and their technicians always helped me resolve them but I'm new to Phase One.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up