Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Template  (Read 3851 times)

brieisenberg

Capture One Template
« on: January 11, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »

I was wondering if its possible to have a template setup for layers.  I have a workflow for C1 that is pretty consistent between images and find it cumbersome to add layers per image.  For example, I might want a layer for initial exposure adjustment and then separate layers for dodge and burn..  It would be great to have these loaded up with my typical adjustment starting points.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
Re: Capture One Template
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:46:59 pm »

I was wondering if its possible to have a template setup for layers.  I have a workflow for C1 that is pretty consistent between images and find it cumbersome to add layers per image.  For example, I might want a layer for initial exposure adjustment and then separate layers for dodge and burn..  It would be great to have these loaded up with my typical adjustment starting points.
Can you save them as a style or pre-set?
Dave

IanSeward

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:55:42 pm »

Have you tried assigning a single key strokes to "add new layer", and one for add "new filled layer"?  Makes the task relatively pain free.

Ian

brieisenberg

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:28 am »

A good suggestion but is there a way to have adjustments baked in to the layers on creation?

IanSeward

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:44 pm »

A good suggestion but is there a way to have adjustments baked in to the layers on creation?

There is not one that I know of, but I am not sure I follow your reasoning because when you want to work on a new layer you have to select it, which is automatic when you select a new layer.  I can't see any significant advantage in creating a bunch of layers with "baked in adjustments" with the way C1 works, but you can always create a preset for a fixed adjustment?  Now in PS it is a very different story:-)   Perhaps you could elaborate, we all have different workflows and it is enlightening to learn from others, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.  No offence intended to cats:-)

Perhaps you could suggest it in the Phaseone forums and see if it attracts attention.  That's the best way of getting new features added.

Ian

brieisenberg

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 02:31:31 pm »

Thanks Ian. I realized I used a poor of choice of words here.  Im not looking for "baked in" adjustments tt the image, but rather a layer stack created with my initial adjustments to use as a starting point.  Perhaps I can just use a dummy image with my preferred settings and copy it across

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:33 pm »

Ah I see what you are asking. You cannot create the layer with the settings in it rigth from the start but you can do the next best thing.  Check out:

https://youtu.be/IQRm9e_NaU0?t=1m

Basically you can create a new filled layer and then right click on it and "Apply Settings To" and pick a User Style (or some other style). So you would save the settings you want in a style and then use the Apply Settings To command to apply those settings to the new layer you just created.

Ian (but not the same one that responded to you earlier :-)

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 10:10:29 am »

Thanks Ian. I realized I used a poor of choice of words here.  Im not looking for "baked in" adjustments tt the image, but rather a layer stack created with my initial adjustments to use as a starting point.  Perhaps I can just use a dummy image with my preferred settings and copy it across

This is the best way to "automate" this IF you need settings too. For Mac users you can Apple Script the layers "framework" - so name, kind, opacity, enabled (but not settings of that layer)...
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S
Pages: [1]   Go Up