Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa tripod article  (Read 2375 times)

Rand47

Alpa tripod article
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:54:31 am »

The video is a hoot!  We’re all a bunch of kids at heart and watching Kevin open the box with the “secret decoder ring” is hugely entertaining.  I have constant envy watching him get to play with all of the top drawer photo equipment that I can only dream about.  But I gotta tell you that this one is over the top.  It is the quintessential “solution in search of a problem!”  LOL

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
Re: Alpa tripod article
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:16:08 am »

I would like just the head, which is basically a small Cube. It is what I wish the Arca-Swiss P0-h was, but the P0 stands on that skinny post. I actually took mine apart to see if I could use it without the “ball head” part, but not without some custom modifications.

The rest of it, not so much...

Dave

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:47:08 am »

To me, it looks as if most of the parts of the swiss—made Alpa system is indeed made in Germany by Novoflex. At least, most of the parts look very simillar to the Novoflex system instead of the different painting.

Feel free to check their webpage at Novoflex Germany

BR Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:13:43 am »

Lovely video - your enthusiasm shines out, Kevin. Amazing too that no stray elbow sent the whole lot crashing over!

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:20:40 pm »

Lovely video - your enthusiasm shines out, Kevin. Amazing too that no stray elbow sent the whole lot crashing over!
I was wondering the same thing - that set-up was scarily top heavy with some serious $$$ attached to the ever increasing height.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 05:18:05 pm »

Geezz in my last two videos everyone seems concerned about the gear.  The Leica in the M10 video was on a ledge three floors up.  No worries we were really careful.  The ALPA was well balanced.  It wasn't going anywhere.  I like living on the edge. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 08:33:55 am »

Geezz in my last two videos everyone seems concerned about the gear.  The Leica in the M10 video was on a ledge three floors up.  No worries we were really careful.  The ALPA was well balanced.  It wasn't going anywhere.  I like living on the edge.

As long as it's not the edge of disaster, I'm with you. The edge of disaster was what my pro experiences were all about - just happy the edge held long enough to get the eff-off pennies together.

Today, the fun is vicarious: watching certain reviewers court imminent disasters. Happy to know they don't believe it can happen to them, but wil now wait with bated breath to see if they have tempted fate!

:-)

Rob

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:39:31 pm »

This is the antithesis of what I aim for.....SIMPLICITY !
Pages: [1]   Go Up