Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow and Blue  (Read 2058 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Yellow and Blue
« on: January 05, 2018, 05:40:19 pm »

C&C welcome

Tony Jay

Re: Yellow and Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:56:15 pm »

Works well as an abstract image.
Gave me a bit of vertigo!

Tony Jay

John R

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:15 pm »

Love this image. Complimentary colours and good proportions. I like the oblique line leading to the small box. It really fills the blue space and creates tension. My one gripe would be that the white highlight is not strategically located and draws too much attention to itself. Probably centre or right side would be a better place for more overall balance. But I am guessing, not much you can do about that.

JR

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 04:26:35 am »

Love this image. Complimentary colours and good proportions. I like the oblique line leading to the small box. It really fills the blue space and creates tension. My one gripe would be that the white highlight is not strategically located and draws too much attention to itself. Probably centre or right side would be a better place for more overall balance. But I am guessing, not much you can do about that.

JR

Well, a shift lens and using ones feet...

;-)

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:32 am »

Dave really great color, elements, and comp...the effect of those highlight areas is problematic/detrimental though, and keeps the image from being focused on the aforementioned. The eye keeps being drawn to the light zones as is natural...especially the largest area on left. /B
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:21:17 am by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 08:40:26 am »

Dave really great color, elements, and comp...the effect of those highlight areas is problematic/detrimental though, and keeps the image from being focused on the aforementioned. The eye keeps being drawn to the light zones as is natural...especially the largest area on left. /B

+1
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:16:20 am »

I agree that he glare is awkward, but I think it is a feature not a problem.  I think the picture is quite funny as it is and that an improved serious picture of the line and box may be of less value, though you could try.

Bruce

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:18:40 am »

Good grab, David. That's looking.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 10:22:03 am »

Ma man!

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:25 am »

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions; not a usual subject for me. This was taken in a little Mexican restaurant in Bisbee AZ and I didn't have a T/S nor could I move my feet without sitting on someone's lap! I did see the glare from a window just below the frame, but thought it added a nice compositional touch and I couldn't do anything about it anyway; I thought I'd leave it to the viewer to try and figure out what was causing it.

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 11:43:59 am »

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions; not a usual subject for me. This was taken in a little Mexican restaurant in Bisbee AZ and I didn't have a T/S nor could I move my feet without sitting on someone's lap! I did see the glare from a window just below the frame, but thought it added a nice compositional touch and I couldn't do anything about it anyway; I thought I'd leave it to the viewer to try and figure out what was causing it.

And you are right: it does add to the shot. My remark about shift lenses was not intended as criticism of the picture, which I don't like to do, but as reply to the question about how the highlight could be placed elsewhere.

First thing I thought of was the Eggleston red ceiling. This blue shot is infinitely better.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:40:59 pm by Rob C »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 03:55:36 am »

I did see the glare from a window just below the frame, but thought it added a nice compositional touch and I couldn't do anything about it anyway; I thought I'd leave it to the viewer to try and figure out what was causing it.

I think you were right.

Did you find out what the box is?

Jeremy

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 05:35:51 am »

Did you find out what the box is?

I think it is a 12 volt plug, but not 100%

Telecaster

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:20 pm »

First thing I thought of was the Eggleston red ceiling. This blue shot is infinitely better.

The cover of one of my all-time fav albums:

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up