Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Mosaic Pattern-Wavy Lines  (Read 2430 times)

m021478

Removing Mosaic Pattern-Wavy Lines
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:33 pm »

Can someone remind me how to use Photoshop to remove a mosaic pattern (red & blue wavy lines) that I see in an image in areas that have a particular fine detailed pattern (such as is usually visible when taking a photo of a screen door)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Richowens

Removing Mosaic Pattern-Wavy Lines
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:41:02 pm »

I belive you are referring to moire.
If the moire is light, this works well.
Chris Smith Color Gremlins

Also you might check out Russell Brown's website.

http://www.russellbrown.com/

Look in tips and techniques, scroll down to Photoshop CS and look for the Moire-Go Away.

There are other ways using a Gaussian Blur layer and blends, but the median blur has worked for me most of the time.

Hope this helps.

Rich

P.S. You might also do a search here on LL. Now that I think about it, Pom had a few replies to various techniques which he said worked well for him.

Having posted on another forum I got this advice:

duplicate layer and set blend to colour. Add a layer mask (hide all) and just paint in the problem bit. Apply Gaussian blur till the problem goes away. Worked like a champ. There is still a colour cast but duplicating the layer mask to a color correction layer makes it fast to correct.

The important bit is to use layer masks otherwise the colours in the rest of the image go funky

I went ahead and did the search. I'm bored tonight. I am sorry, this was the only bit of information in that entire thread concerning correction for moire. It kinda drifted off into the technical realm about AA filters and general pixel peeping.

Perhaps some of this might help.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:57:31 pm by Richowens »
Pages: [1]   Go Up