Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contemporary HDR?  (Read 335 times)

earlybird

Contemporary HDR?
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »

Hi,
 I have used Photomatix and Nik HDR tools to merge HDR composites in the past, but transitioned to using tone mapping tools on single 16 bit files.

I just got back from a trip to the desert where I made a few bracket sets so I may try HDR merging again.

Last night I downloaded the SNS-HDR software and found its results to seem much better than anything I have tried in the past.

The experience has caused me to wonder; are there any other new HDR merging softwares to try out or has SNS set a new standard?

Thank you.

BartvanderWolf

Re: Contemporary HDR?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »

Last night I downloaded the SNS-HDR software and found its results to seem much better than anything I have tried in the past.

The experience has caused me to wonder; are there any other new HDR merging softwares to try out or has SNS set a new standard?

I'm a big fan of SNS-HDR, in most of its features, it's much better than the rest of the applications for tonemapping, IMHO. Not sure about how far the author has come with his Mac OS version, but it is reported to run fine under Parallels.

While it can handle Raw files, it really shines with optimally converted TIFFs. It automatically adopts the Colorspace Profile settings of the source documents, and with TIFFs one can e.g. already steer the color balance of different exposure levels with the Raw conversions.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

earlybird

Re: Contemporary HDR?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:32:40 PM »

Hi Bart,
 Thanks for the helpful info.

While working with the demo this morning, I had stumbled on the idea of prepping with CR2 to TIFF conversions for the very reasons you suggest.

Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up