Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrying the GFX and tilting EVF  (Read 1560 times)

dachshund

Carrying the GFX and tilting EVF
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:13:09 pm »

Happy New Year to everyone!

Has anyone found a good bag that will fit the GFX with the whole EVF assembly attached?

The camera works fine without the EVF, but I'd much rather be able to look through the viewfinder, and the tilting option is such a great feature. I've been carrying it separately and attaching to before taking shots. Attaching it gives the camera a very odd shape!

I have a couple of Think Tank Sling bags, and an older Lowepro Flipside that's almost deep enough. I'm a 5'3" tall woman so it would have to be a medium-sized bag. I can squeeze the GFX with a lens attached into the larger sling bag but it's tight even without the EVF.

Thanks in advance.

Per Berntsen

• Fine Art Photography by Per Berntsen
Re: Carrying the GFX and tilting EVF
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:32:10 pm »

I use a Lowepro Fastpack BP 250 AW II, which will fit a GFX with a 32-64 lens mounted, and a couple of smaller lenses as well.
The EVF tilt adapter can be mounted, but to protect it, and to save space, I swing it all the way to the right (and lock it firmly), which is the position where it will protrude the least. I also use some padding around the EVF and the screen.

The Fastpack also has a top compartment that will hold a little clothing and other personal items. as well as a couple of smaller pockets and space for a laptop/tablet.

dachshund

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:49:52 pm »

Thanks, that looks like a good size.

pschefz

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 06:03:44 pm »

the smallest bag i use with the GFX, finder attachment and 32-64 (with hood attached) is this incase slingbag it fits in sideways, i always have the finder rotating pretty freely, so it just "leans" to one side when i put it in....there is room for batteries and other small stuff, maybe a small lens but the rear compartment (for iPad,....) cant be used anymore, bag won't zip up easily....
they also used to have a much bigger version (could not find it on their website anymore) which holds the same kit plus grip plus lenses and mbp 15"....
i also use my lowepro magnum (s) which i just keep coming back to...
for hiking i use Mindshift i believe i have the 25L, these are really, really good backpacks and ridiculously light.....the GFX, zoom, grip, with finder attachment fits right into the lower/camera compartment.....i hate having to take off my bag(s) or having to put the camera together to shoot, so these options all let you shoot fast....

after looking at the mindshift site a little more this one looks really good...compact, light but still big enough and maybe better then the incase option....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:18:07 pm by pschefz »
schefz.com
artloch.com

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 07:43:19 am »

I'm carrying the GFX, 23mm and 32-64mm lenses, along with RRS Pano gear and my trusty light meter in the LowePro Slingshot 302AW.   I've tried many BUT find this to be the very best BECAUSE it has waste level padded belt that takes the weight and distributes it between the hip  belt and shoulders.  I don't have the viewfinder expender, but there looks to be plenty of room above my GFX for it in the bag.  Got mine from B&H.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up