Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom on sale at Amazon US  (Read 3461 times)

smahn

Re: Lightroom on sale at Amazon US
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:11:54 pm »

How would one approach this if they're already a subscriber being billed monthly?

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 08:50:57 pm »

How would one approach this if they're already a subscriber being billed monthly?
Log in to Adobe.com with your Adobe ID. I had to do a search for redeem code/coupon, a link takes you to a page where you enter the serial number from your order, and it credits your account depending on how you pay, etc.
Not too difficult.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:45:12 am by hokuahi »

smahn

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:52:41 pm »

Log in to Adobe.com with your Adobe ID. I had to do a search for redeem code/coupon, a link takes you to a page where you enter the serial number from your order, and it credits your account depending on how you pay, etc.
Not took difficult.

ok, great. thank you

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 12:17:44 am »

GAH - only for people with US credit cards with US billing adresses

Alskoj

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 08:01:29 am »

Both of my kids are in college and want to get all of the Adobe apps and it's $240 for the first year since they're students, then $360 per year after that (until the youngest graduates in 2020).
I would just piggyback and use LR and PS.
I have older LR and PS now but would like to know if the new dehaze in LR is worth it.

saiguy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 08:35:46 am »

Dehaze is great. I find it processor intensive and will slow down everything after it is applied. Sometimes I apply it to taste and then turn it off till I am done with all edits and then turn it back on. Can also be used to decrease highlights and darken darks simultaneously.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 08:47:17 am »

I am not a great fan of dehaze and feel it's somewhat brutal, often needing to be balanced with WB and contrast adjustments. Instead of applying iy to the whole image, I use it with the grad or radial filters.

But remember it is only one of the improvements you'd be getting - see http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/features.html (as well as the latest PS and LR Mobile). I value Guided Upright, Boundary Warp, range masking and the new Auto settings higher than dehaze.

Alskoj

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »

Dehaze is great. I find it processor intensive and will slow down everything after it is applied. Sometimes I apply it to taste and then turn it off till I am done with all edits and then turn it back on. Can also be used to decrease highlights and darken darks simultaneously.
Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.

I am not a great fan of dehaze and feel it's somewhat brutal, often needing to be balanced with WB and contrast adjustments. Instead of applying iy to the whole image, I use it with the grad or radial filters.

But remember it is only one of the improvements you'd be getting - see http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/features.html (as well as the latest PS and LR Mobile). I value Guided Upright, Boundary Warp, range masking and the new Auto settings higher than dehaze.
Cool, I'll look into those features.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 12:26:34 pm »

I have older LR and PS now but would like to know if the new dehaze in LR is worth it.
Not really IMHO, but you can add it to LR 6 via a set of downloadable presets. Google or a search back here will be your friend.

Alskoj

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 07:04:02 pm »

Not really IMHO, but you can add it to LR 6 via a set of downloadable presets. Google or a search back here will be your friend.
Thanks but I only have LR 5.  My daughter wanted to use Photoshop and Illustrator (she's an amazing artist) so I took the plunge and got CC for students.  I appreciate your input!

Rhossydd

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 04:22:40 am »

Thanks but I only have LR 5.
Still might be worth checking if the haze presets option will work with LR5 (as it didn't change process version).

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 04:50:54 am »

Those Dehaze presets will only work with LR6.

And they only apply to the entire image, which I find unsatisfactory. Sure, you can make your own presets to apply Dehaze locally - if you're a glutton for punishment.

Rhossydd

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 05:03:50 am »

they only apply to the entire image, which I find unsatisfactory.
I'd agree. Most examples of dehaze I've seen just make things look unreal, but there's no counting for taste I suppose.

Aramo

• Beauty is everywhere
    • Miami Wedding Photographers
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 01:25:43 pm »

Good to know. Thank you for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up