Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA-243w  (Read 1326 times)

Chris L

Re: NEC PA-243w
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »

My 24-inch NEC monitor, a venerable PA-241w, has reached the end of its useful life,

sorry to go off topic but how do you know when your monitor has gone bad? I have a NEC PA 241 W thats ten years old probably and it seems fine but I've wondered; unless something major happens, when do I need to replace this? How would I know that it is no longer accurate?

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: NEC PA-243w
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »

sorry to go off topic but how do you know when your monitor has gone bad? I have a NEC PA 241 W thats ten years old probably and it seems fine but I've wondered; unless something major happens, when do I need to replace this? How would I know that it is no longer accurate?

The panel on mine had developed a large blemish in one corner.  I noticed it after a move to a new house, and suspect the monitor was mishandled by the movers.  The display still calibrated fine, but I was tired of staring at the ugly blemish.  I'm still using it, but no longer for editing: it is now attached to an old computer in my basement whose only function is to drive a photo printer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up