Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 Question  (Read 13486 times)

Gary Damaskos

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 09:26:06 pm »

I am pretty sure that if you just order the the RU-01 at about $299 (??dont remember exactly) you will get everything you need except roll paper. And personally it is easy enough to change the rolls that I don't see a need for extra "holders". Just my take on this...
Gary

I just ordered the iPF 5000 and am looking for info on the roll feed.
  Do you need both the feed RU01 and the hoder RH-2-11?  Or will just the holder work?
Thanks
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82374\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

serf

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:47:04 pm »

Speaking of the roll holder - anyone know when & how to use the thin spacer?  I can't understand the directions.  Thanks.

Dennishh

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:55 pm »

All that is needed is the RU01, the $299.00 set up. I had two pieces broken so look carefully in the box when you get it for small plastic parts. Once it was fixed it works just great. The spacer is for smaller roles of paper and borderless printing. You don't need it with 17" or 16" rolls. The other RH-2-11 Item is if you want to use multiple roles of paper and don’t want to keep changing the paper holder out. The printer is working great and seems not to use much ink at all.
Dennis

LoisWakeman

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 06:34:50 am »

How did you do this? I find a way to "Save" (the File/Save menu) in Qimage but all it saves is the Settings ... What am I doing wrong?
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77440\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ron, you use the Print to file option. If you aren't familiar with the wonders of Qimage, try using the "learn by example" section in the help, which is a good starting point to getting used to its many uses. (Or in other words, RTFM    - I would say that, as I am a tech author in real life!)

David White

• http://
iPF5000 Question
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2006, 10:52:40 am »

I just ordered the iPF 5000 and am looking for info on the roll feed.
  Do you need both the feed RU01 and the hoder RH-2-11?  Or will just the holder work?
Thanks
Ron
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not familiar with the separate part numbers but the roll feed unit is motorized so you will need the whole thing.  Be sure to attach the roll feed unit before intstalling the drivers as I have heard that attaching it afterwards will entail a reinstall of the drivers.

As far as a stand for the 5000, I went with the suggestion of this article by Andy Biggs, [a href=\"http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/ultimate-stand.shtml]Ultimate Printer Stand[/url], using an IKEA kitchen unit.  It works great and has lots of storage for papers and inks.  Be aware, the stand is heavy.

Edit - corrected bad hyperlink.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:05:08 pm by gvdavewh »
David White

Dennishh

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 01:15:22 pm »

Hi Marc,
My Printer Is working out great! Thanks for all your help, it was invaluable.  I have another favor to ask you, I'm about to send some targets printed on the IPF 5000 to Cathy Scans. Some of her directions seem inappropriate for a 16 bit driver, is it possible for you to share your procedures with a 16 bit driver to print her targets ? I want a profile of Fuji paper's I just recieved.  I'm still impatiently waiting for Canon to actually come out with a new MED file. I've use the printer on multiple jobs now, and the reception by clients is unanimous, Wow.
Thanks Dennis

marcmccalmont

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 11:22:42 pm »

Hi Marc,
My Printer Is working out great! Thanks for all your help, it was invaluable.  I have another favor to ask you, I'm about to send some targets printed on the IPF 5000 to Cathy Scans. Some of her directions seem inappropriate for a 16 bit driver, is it possible for you to share your procedures with a 16 bit driver to print her targets ? I want a profile of Fuji paper's I just recieved.  I'm still impatiently waiting for Canon to actually come out with a new MED file. I've use the printer on multiple jobs now, and the reception by clients is unanimous, Wow.
Thanks Dennis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83094\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cathys form is taylored to an epson printer so it is a bit confusing

remember:
do not assign a color profile to the 3 8x10 targets
do not assign a color profile to print the targets
do not change the size of the targets
all printer settings as you are going to use the paper being profiled

for the fuji gloss roll;

1. Open the 3 targets in photoshop/ missing profile? leave as is do not color manage
2. export/iPF5000 plugin/ main page,heavyweight glossy photo (THIS WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE THE PROFILE FOR BOTH ROLLS AND CUT SHEETS!), 600dpi, 16 bit, 2400x1200, None (no color correction)
3. page set up, DO NOT select reduced enlarge,  letter, center output, manual
4. check the next 2 pages set correctly

fill out the form as follows:
[attachment=1146:attachment]

It took me several tries to get it right, I hope you do it on the first try
Marc

PS if you are going to print the targets from the roll define a paper size of 17x17 or 16x16 and use PS/file/automate/contact sheet II to create one file with the 3 targets on it (I just did this for a roll of Gloss Canvas which printed great!) for photo paper I tend to cut 8.5x11's and feed them manually
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 11:37:04 am by marcmccalmont »
Marc McCalmont

Dennishh

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 01:45:52 pm »

Thanks Marc! This will make things much simpler.
Dennis

KSG Find Anawers

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:23 pm »

My first few days with the iPF5000 are now done, this printer is a keeper! The first prints on Ilford Smooth glossy and pearl were astonishing. All I can say is they remind me of Cibachrome prints from the old day’s. There was an instant WOW factor with Cibachrome and the Canon matches this look.  I have ordered some Fuji material to test and will need to send out for profiles, so I can see how it stacks up. All the other comments about the paper configurations and software glitches are correct. I have found that these are fairly easy to overcome by reading this forum to get the tips you need. Speed, performance, low ink usage and quality, all make up for the software shortcomings. The media configuration tool is a disaster, but I have heard that a new MED file will soon be available with most problems fixed. I also received a roll paper unit that hade some damaged parts. Canon has sent a repair tech to fix it. Canon was very responsive to my need for speed.  I would recommend buying the roll feeder from a local supplier so it can be taken back easily if damaged. 
Dennis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78333\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Dennis, Bare with me please, I am new at forums etc. trying really hard to learn, I am somewhat dyslexic with vision problems, just trying to explain, so I do not up-set anyone else. Do you know where to buy this printer for the best total price inc S&H Tax? Funds are a little short of the 1900 price right now.  Would the 5000 be a good choice for greeting card type photos? I need a great quality printer that is cost effictive. Thanks Darlene

acomj

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 01:26:57 pm »

Dennis, Bare with me please, I am new at forums etc. trying really hard to learn, I am somewhat dyslexic with vision problems, just trying to explain, so I do not up-set anyone else. Do you know where to buy this printer for the best total price inc S&H Tax? Funds are a little short of the 1900 price right now.  Would the 5000 be a good choice for greeting card type photos? I need a great quality printer that is cost effictive. Thanks Darlene
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83409\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a 5000. Greating card photos are usually on the smaller side 5x7 or 4x6.
I think the smallest the ipf5000 can print is 8x10 (although other feel free to correct me.).  You can always print 2 per 8.5 / 11 and cut them though.

Where to buy...? I have no answer for that

Dennishh

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »

I bought my printer from http://www.digitalgraphicsresources.com/ it was 1843.00 with free shipping and a 500.00 rebait if you have a serial # from an epson wide format. It will not print on 5x7 or 4x6. I print out the smaller sizes on a roll with 11x17. Yo might want to wait for the Pixma Pro9000 that should be out soon if not already. The 5000 is very cost effective, Ive been using it for about a month with about 20 big prints and I haven't seen the ink level go down at all. The quality is phenomenal.
Dennis
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:08:13 pm by Dennishh »

retoucherpro

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 09:45:19 pm »

I just purchased the printer while at the Photoplus expo for 1349.00 plus free roller and shipping. THe company is www.promarketinc.com. This deal is good until the 15th of sept.

Good luck.

Chris

colorguy

iPF5000 Question
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 11:30:52 am »

I noticed that the roll holder ru-01 was free when you purchase an IPF5000 at http://www.colorhq.com.

If anyone here is running a Colorproof XF RIP, EFI just updated their profiling and linearization documents for the imagePROGRAF series.
Bob
colorHQ.com Color Management Solutio
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up