Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Portable Flash System for Hasselblad H  (Read 7546 times)

ericao

What Portable Flash System for Hasselblad H
« on: September 21, 2006, 09:39:51 pm »

Hello,
Does anyone shoot film on a hasselblad H1 or H2 and use a portable flash system like Quantum or Metz?
I need a flash system for my H1 and was hoping to hear from anyone who uses such a set-up for their work.  I currently use a Quantum T2 with my Hassleblad V series camera and do like the way it works. When I have spoken to sales people on what to get they suggest the Quantum T5 or Metz flash but don't have any experience using one.
Can anyone shed some light for me?  Thanks in advance!

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:13:31 pm »

Whats wrong with the T2 ????

I have three T2s and an X2

My only problem with them is they have not enogh power (though a softbox) but you'd something like an elinchrom ranger to sort that
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

ericao

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:35:51 am »

I was told that the T2 can't do TTL with the H1.  Do you use the T2 with the H1?  Did you need to get a special sync cord?

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 10:47:19 am »

Sorry I am a luddite.

I use pocket wizards not leads

I use the Flashes in AUTO or Manual Mode and have never cared for TTL even in days of film when I metered with a Meter -Now I just guess and chimp the histo

but AUTO is very consistent in my experience

By consistent I mean consistent - not accurate - one over direct and one under bounced

The killer on Auto is when a scond flash fires into the thyristor of the other it foxes it
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

damien

• http://www.lovegroveportraits.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:43:32 pm »

I use several systems with my H1...

I use Quantum Qflash 5D with dedicated Freewire (full wireless TTL) and QpackX. This is a 400Ws fully wireless TTL system designed for the H1/2

I use a Metz 54mz4 with an SCA coiled lead and the H1 dedicated module. This is a 60Ws fully TTL system for the H1/2

I also use a Broncolor Mobil in manual mode with radio triggers by studio flash. This is a 1200Ws system

I hope this helps.

Damien.

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 02:40:38 am »

I have been using a quantum t5d with the h2.. so far so good... I am still experimenting with the wireless set up and comparing the manual, TTL, and auto modes

I use several systems with my H1...

I use Quantum Qflash 5D with dedicated Freewire (full wireless TTL) and QpackX. This is a 400Ws fully wireless TTL system designed for the H1/2

I use a Metz 54mz4 with an SCA coiled lead and the H1 dedicated module. This is a 60Ws fully TTL system for the H1/2

I also use a Broncolor Mobil in manual mode with radio triggers by studio flash. This is a 1200Ws system

I hope this helps.

Damien.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 07:06:15 am »

I'm very pleased with the Profoto Pro7b system. Elinchrom makes a similar system: the Ranger RX

ericao

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 08:46:32 am »

Well, thank you all very much.  I just put in my order for the Quantum T5 to use with the TTL adapter.  I've never used TTL before so i am sure I will be testing it out this weekend.  Any tips or hints?
Pages: [1]   Go Up