Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Heard of basICColor SQUID3 Monitor Cal. Bundle?  (Read 1895 times)

BradSmith

Anyone Heard of basICColor SQUID3 Monitor Cal. Bundle?
« on: December 21, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »

Freestyle Photo in Los Angeles is advertising a monitor calibration "system" I haven't heard of, the "basICColor SQUID 3 Monitor Calibration Bundle", Model: 24334,  Manufacturer: basICColor.  Freestyle claims it is the best calibration system they have found.  The write up says it comes with the "basICColor SQUID 3 colorimeter (includes support for Wide Gamut monitors)", yet the photo of the system shows an i1.  Their write up about the system says...
"Upon opening your basiCColor Squid 3 + basiCColor Display Pro Software Bundle box you will see that it includes a Colorimeter device labeled xRite. This is a Squid3 colorimeter and will not work with xRite software. The instruction sheet, included, gives directions for downloading the very latest version of Basiccolor Display Pro directly from basiCColor’s website.

Is this old and is just being re-advertised, or is it a new product?  Has anyone tried this out in comparison to the other usually recommended alternatives?

thanks
Brad

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Anyone Heard of basICColor SQUID3 Monitor Cal. Bundle?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 06:19:18 pm »

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

richardboutwell

• Black and White Mastery
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:27:41 pm »

Freestyle Photo in Los Angeles is advertising a monitor calibration "system" I haven't heard of, the "basICColor SQUID 3 Monitor Calibration Bundle", Model: 24334,  Manufacturer: basICColor.  Freestyle claims it is the best calibration system they have found.  The write up says it comes with the "basICColor SQUID 3 colorimeter (includes support for Wide Gamut monitors)", yet the photo of the system shows an i1.  Their write up about the system says...
"Upon opening your basiCColor Squid 3 + basiCColor Display Pro Software Bundle box you will see that it includes a Colorimeter device labeled xRite. This is a Squid3 colorimeter and will not work with xRite software. The instruction sheet, included, gives directions for downloading the very latest version of Basiccolor Display Pro directly from basiCColor’s website.

Is this old and is just being re-advertised, or is it a new product?  Has anyone tried this out in comparison to the other usually recommended alternatives?

thanks
Brad

Basically it is a rebranded i1 Pro display that is licensed to work with the BasicColor Display software. I think the BasicColor display calibration stuff is pretty good, but you can get the i1 Pro display that will work with i1 Profiler, then get a trial of BasicColor display and see which one you prefer. It will only cost the additional price of the software if you think it is the best thing since sliced bread. The dude at freestyle likes to make a lot of claims, but from my experience, he doesn't seem to be able to back them up when it comes time to prove it.
Personal Site — http://www.richardboutwell.com
Black and White Aesthetics, Editing, and Printing — http://www.BWMastery.com

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 03:03:19 am »

Squid has only one basICColor display license that's tied to one computer, so it's better to buy normal i1Display Pro which has on-site license, so you can run calibration software on unlimited number of computers that you own.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up