Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charles Cramer videos  (Read 12885 times)

Ray Cox

Re: Charles Cramer videos
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 06:15:08 pm »

This has truly been an inspiring Master Series. Great work.  Thank you Kevin, Chris and Charlie!

Regards, Ray
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:19:02 am by Ray Cox »

Toolman

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 07:36:38 pm »

G'day Kevin and Chris,
                                 Thank you for this excellent series with a true Master, a man who has transitioned from film to digital with such skill and inspiration.
I believe Ansel Adams would have grasped digital imaging with delight and inspired all just as Charlie has done.
I have been involved in photography for 50+ years and like you Kevin I have gained so much more by watching and listening to Charlie.
Thank you Kevin and Chris for keeping the passion alive.
regards Tim Elliott

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 10:52:51 pm »

Bravo

Charles Cramer

• Contributor
    • http://www.charlescramer.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 11:34:26 pm »

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words about the videos.  I really appreciate it.  I also wanted to publicly thank Kevin and Chris.  Kevin was a calming presence for me, and asked excellent questions, along with his great sense of humor.  He made some important points and excellent suggestions.  Chris did an incredible job of editing all this together.  For the printing videos, we filmed those out of order, and he somehow reconstructed them into a cohesive and understandable video. He also helped in highlighting and circling the parts of the screen that showed what I was talking about.  I didn't realize they were going to ask me to play the piano, but with great luck, I got through the Liszt piece.  Also Chris did the selection and sequencing of the images for that video.
Thanks Kevin and Chris for inviting me to be a part of the Masters series!

I also wanted to answer a question just posed:
does Mr. Cramer print straight out of Lightroom or Photoshop or he uses any RIP?

I've never used a RIP.  They can be helpful, but myself and some excellent printers like Joseph Holmes and Bill Atkinson don't use them.  I usually print out of Photoshop, but the results (when done correctly) should be identical out of Lightroom. (It would be good to test both to be sure you've got the settings right!)   Also, I feel I have more control over sharpening in Photoshop.

Cheers,  Charlie

mfaidengold

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 10:46:08 am »

Dear Mr. Cramer,

Thanks so much for promptly responding to my question about the use of RIP vs LR/CC printouts.

I have been quite unsuccesfull printing out of LR/CC to my Canon Pixma Pro1, even using the Canon Studio software that came with the printer. It is really a waste of paper/ink, hence a lot of money....On the other hand, when printing out of Epson 4880 through RIP, using the RIP's profiles, the prints come out gorgeous. Unfortunately, the RIP i Own, does not support the Canon Pixma Pro 1.

The canned profiles that one can download from the paper manufacturers are IMHO only OK, and to make a good paper profile on my own, it takes another set of hardware I don't own.

So, do you make your own profiles? Or you have a secret sauce?

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 01:59:46 pm »

I think LuLa has outdone itself with this series of videos. It reminds me of the Glen Gould series on CBC. He has opened a window into the mind of an artist as he creates a photographic masterpiece. Thanks to all for this production and hope to see more of this ilk.

Ian Matthews

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 07:40:23 am »

Watched half way through so far, really enjoying it. Am I right in thinking that he doesn’t do any soft proofing before printing?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up