Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Landscape Photography  (Read 2222 times)

Spies

Digital Landscape Photography
« on: September 21, 2006, 06:28:02 am »

I am part of a Professional Landscape Photography business, we have used medium (6x7 Pentax) and large format (4x5 Linhof) camera's for decades and have always been pleased with the quality they produced, especially when combined with FujiChrome Velvia RVP 50 (discontinued) but we are now considering switching to digital.

We supply images to quite a wide range of clients for use on greeting cards to window displays, large format allows us to satify the needs of all our clients as they can be drum scanned to large file sizes without loss of quality. At the moment we are scanning our library using an Imacon 949 so we need a camera that is comparible to that.

Budget has not yet been fixed but we do require value for money, I've read Michael's comparison between the P25 and EOS 1Ds MK II but havn't come to any conclusions.

We sell on quality, if therefore its important that we maintain that level of quality that 4x5 provides.

Could someone describe how the double exposure feature of the P25 works? We would be considering the P45 if we were to purchase a back, are there any full res comparison shots between the top of the range DSLR and the P45 back?

dlashier

• http://www.lashier.com/
Digital Landscape Photography
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:43:16 pm »

> are there any full res comparison shots between the top of the range DSLR and the P45 back?

I suggest that you read this article, and in fact order the DVD.

- DL
Pages: [1]   Go Up