Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 Gloss Canvas  (Read 3641 times)

marcmccalmont

iPF5000 Gloss Canvas
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:46:05 pm »

Has any one printed on gloss canvas with the iPF5000? if so what settings did you use? Any suggestions for a really nice white canvas? Does a gloss canvas have to be coated after? Would I be better off with a matte canvas coated with gloss after?
Thanks Marc
Marc McCalmont

daveleaser

iPF5000 Gloss Canvas
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:19:21 pm »

Hi Marc,
Check out http://www.breathingcolor.com/bc/catalog/index.php?cPath=306

They have very high quality canvas. I haven't tried the glossy, but have had excellent results with the Brilliance Chromata White canvas. They also offer a glossy liquid coating, called Glamour II, that you roll on. I've had mixed results with this, probably due to not mixing it correctly. I like the Premier Art spray coating because it's faster and less mess, but it doesn't really add any gloss. If you're going for high gloss, I would probably go with the Glamour II coating.

marcmccalmont

iPF5000 Gloss Canvas
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:51 pm »

Thanks
I'll look into that. Their titanium white looks interesting because that is the white my wife uses and it is her art that I am trying to reproduce
Marc
Marc McCalmont

tedchoi11

iPF5000 Gloss Canvas
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:35:39 pm »

Hi Marc,
Check out http://www.breathingcolor.com/bc/catalog/index.php?cPath=306

They have very high quality canvas. I haven't tried the glossy, but have had excellent results with the Brilliance Chromata White canvas. They also offer a glossy liquid coating, called Glamour II, that you roll on. I've had mixed results with this, probably due to not mixing it correctly. I like the Premier Art spray coating because it's faster and less mess, but it doesn't really add any gloss. If you're going for high gloss, I would probably go with the Glamour II coating.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78811\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
what media type have you used for chromata white? i couldn't find any ICC profiles on the breathingcolor website- do you know if there's a useful one for the chromata white/ipf5000 combo?

thanks,

ted

marcmccalmont

iPF5000 Gloss Canvas
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »

I ended up using Inkpress Canvas Gloss (17" roll) using fine art heavyweight photo setting and a custom profile with very good results
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up