Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom web survey  (Read 2146 times)

Rand47

Adobe Lightroom web survey
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:11:30 pm »

Yesterday I received an email asking me to participate in a survey about Adobe's Lightroom products.  The survey seemed (to me at least) tilted in the direction of affirming the steady onward march to cloud based, iPhone, tablet, FaceBook, etc., type "photography" and "sharing what you had for lunch" with your "photography."  I know I am reading-into that with my own chagrin and fear of this direction, but I found the whole survey kind of depressing.

I took a lot of time in the "tell us what you think" opportunities to encourage Adobe to continue to consider Lightroom a professional and advanced amateur photographer's "editing software of choice" in addition to any other direction they may go.  Perhaps to their own "photo-fun" software suite aimed at those who only use "THE" popular "social media" sites... I even suggested that they might call it "Twit-Face"... I suspect I wasn't taken seriously. ;)

Any of the rest of us get the survey invite?  If so, what was your take? 

My intent with this post is half-serious and half light hearted as I stare into the abyss of our "brave new (albeit culturally challenged) world."

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Adobe Lightroom web survey
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »

My guess is I will not receive an invitation to the survey, as I am a stand alone user who has not yet drunk the kook aid. I would be curious about just how wide ranging the survey is; if they’re just asking CC users, then they will end up hearing what they want to hear – not really an effective survey, depending, of course, on their intent.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 02:25:13 pm »

Before LR7 came out I got regular requests for input (very simple) in a LR6 pop up window. I think I've had at least 8 from the time I upgraded to LR6 and these requests have stopped after LR7 came out.

It was just a numerical score how likely you were to recommend Lightroom to friends and family and a section for free format text.

I consistently scored them 7 (out of 10) on the numerical score and alwys used the free format text to make two points:
- More effort to give bug free updates
- Make it easier to find and buy the perpetual license version on the Adobe website

Given what has happened I think I might have done better by just clicking the checkbox indicating Adobe should stop contacting me with feedback requests. ;)
Would have saved me some time and give me a less foul taste in my mouth whenever an Adobe honcho says "we're listening to our customers"

Don't get me wrong, I think LR is a great product that I use a lot, but for the time being LR6 is where the story stops.
pieter, aka pegelli

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 03:50:13 pm »

Any of the rest of us get the survey invite?
I received the survey invitation some weeks ago, filled it out and gave my honest opinion of the current mobile and cloud based versions as well as their subscription models.  The survey seems to be structured more towards persons using the Adobe software professionally.

Since Adobe offered the opportunity to voice my opinion, I used it.  We'll no doubt never learn the results.

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:13:57 pm »

I completed the survey today.  I wasn’t sure of its purpose but I shared my opinions and thoughts. It was nice to give credit to the websites where I find inspiration.
Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 12:29:34 am »

I completed the survey today.  I wasn’t sure of its purpose but I shared my opinions and thoughts. It was nice to give credit to the websites where I find inspiration.
Are there possibly various surveys?  I can't recall having been asked such a question.  Maybe though, I've simply forgotten.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:59:04 am by Mike D. B. »

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:52:45 am »

Good question, Mike.

My survey included questions about what other software I use for photography, what kind of camera I use (DSLR, mirrorless, etc), what my photographic interests were, etc.
Regards,
Ron

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 09:02:19 am »

They are always doing surveys. If they know how to do anything, it's how to frighten their customers ;)

Rand47

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 12:11:22 pm »

Good question, Mike.

My survey included questions about what other software I use for photography, what kind of camera I use (DSLR, mirrorless, etc), what my photographic interests were, etc.

Yes, this would seem to be the same one I received. It also asked what we’d like to see as enhancement to LR.  Multiple pages, wide ranging questions.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

adias

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:12:47 am »

Got the survey. I have not had time to look into it.

mbaginy

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 01:01:49 am »

Good question, Mike.

The survey I was sent definately didn't didn't include questions regarding equipment I used.  Obviously a different survey style.

rdonson

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 08:48:17 am »

It would seem that there are several surveys or the questions are tailored based on responses.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up