Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG issue in Luminar  (Read 2977 times)

Dan Kehlenbach

• Zenfolio site
DNG issue in Luminar
« on: December 15, 2017, 06:53:26 am »

Hello all,

Just encountered a strange problem with Luminar 2018 (Mac v1.0.2). The white balance, exposure, whites, blacks, and contrast in the Raw Develop filter doesn't appear to work with portrait-oriented DNG files. It works fine in landscape-oriented files. Has anyone else encountered this? I sent Skylum a note. Hopefully this can be looked at - I have thousands of files that I can't edit in Luminar.

Dan Kehlenbach

• Zenfolio site
Re: DNG issue in Luminar
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:15:19 am »

As I sent this, I received a note from Skylum.  I uploaded some DNG files for their review - hopefully they can come up with a fix.

LawrenceBraunstein

• My SmugMug Galeries
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:18:28 am »

It’s the same with my version of Luminar 2018! Thanks for mentioning this. I’ve been trying out Luminar as an alternative to Lightroom now that the standalone version will no longer be offered. Of course, much depends on how good their DAM will be when it is released sometime next year. In any case, let’s hope the people at Luminar respond quickly with an effective bug correction!

Dan Kehlenbach

• Zenfolio site
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:50:28 am »

Thanks Lawrence - Just for curiosity's sake I tried DNG files from several different cameras.  Same thing.
Other than this issue, I'm pretty impressed with Luminar.  I am also hoping the DAM functions well.

Borealis

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »

There is an update right now, maybe they addressed some of these issues now.

Dan Kehlenbach

• Zenfolio site
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:35:20 am »

Thanks for the note - I just updated.  Looks like this particular DNG issue is resolved!  I'm looking forward to experimenting with it a bit more now. Hopefully the DAM will integrate nicely with it.

Borealis

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:47:25 pm »

There is a lot to like about Luminar (at least on the Mac version). The erase and clone tools are great as well. If they add a good working DAM within the next year I would only use Lightroom's print module until I find something better to work with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up