Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens  (Read 591 times)

RobMacKillop

Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
« on: November 25, 2017, 10:15:11 am »

My wife bought me this lens as a combined Christmas and birthday present, £450 from the Fuji Refurb shop - immaculate condition. I have been allowed a day and a half to try it out before it goes back in its box for Christmas Day...well, I had to check if it worked.

The XT20 is also new to me - just a couple of weeks, so I'm in the early days of exploring how to get the best out of it.

All shots hand-held. Raw files processed in Iridient Developer. No.4 went into Nik Colour for some Glamour Glow. I like the subtle colours of the lens and camera, but with No.4 I thought I'd explore pushing things. I prefer the more subtle colours of the other shots.

1. Soft Sun

[/url]

2. Subtle colours

3. Signet

4. Leaves in Frozen Water

5. Wildlife!

John R

Re: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 02:10:46 pm »

I like them all. About the enhanced image, my feeling is the "look" suits the background, and comes across as more symbolic than literal.

I am keen to see images from the Fuji's because I am considering switching. It's either that, or go big and buy the Pentax K1 kit and be done with it. A friend at the club chose the T20 over the Sony. He love it.

JR

RobMacKillop

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »

Cheers, John. I'm liking the XT20, but feel it's a little on the small size for my big hands. So I might invest in the extension they offer. The lenses, of course, are wonderful, though on the expensive side - though, as I mentioned, the Fuji Refurb shop is well worth a visit.

Alskoj

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:07:40 pm »

Love the leaves!

RobMacKillop

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 02:52:50 am »

Cheers, Alskoj.
Pages: [1]   Go Up