Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 read chart data to i1profiler?  (Read 1255 times)

one/and/a/half

• Projects' Bin
HP Z3200 read chart data to i1profiler?
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:49:36 am »

Hello,

I've got "RGB 1728 Patches (12x12x12)" measurement file (TXT) from HP Z3200 internal spectrophotometer. I'd like to use it to generate profile with i1Profiler. I kind of hoped it will be trivial, but I don't know how to load this file or how should I prepare it.

Did anyone go this route? (I know I can learn Argyll, but since I have i1 Profiler...)

Doug Gray

Re: HP Z3200 read chart data to i1profiler?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:05:44 pm »

Hello,

I've got "RGB 1728 Patches (12x12x12)" measurement file (TXT) from HP Z3200 internal spectrophotometer. I'd like to use it to generate profile with i1Profiler. I kind of hoped it will be trivial, but I don't know how to load this file or how should I prepare it.

Did anyone go this route? (I know I can learn Argyll, but since I have i1 Profiler...)

Using the I1Profiler advanced mode, you can load a CGATS file by selecting Profile then clicking on the "Measurement" icon along the bottom then selecting "CGATS" as the file type to load. Then go from there.

There is an extensive discussion of the Z3200 here:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=114961.0

one/and/a/half

• Projects' Bin
Re: HP Z3200 read chart data to i1profiler?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 01:17:19 pm »

Hi.

Thank you for the answer. So my late findings are i1 Profiler fails to load CGATS files generated by HP Z3200, which is a bummer. There is one free solution I know: to use ProfileMaker (obsolete) Measurement Tool to convert CGATS, and i1 Profiler to load resulting files. I hope it will be useful to someone.

The other way is probably to use Patchtool (commercial).
Pages: [1]   Go Up