Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC Profiles for Epson Legacy papers for use on Canon Pro 2000?  (Read 4000 times)

uintaangler

ICC Profiles for Epson Legacy papers for use on Canon Pro 2000?
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:44:56 pm »

Just finished setting up my new Canon Pro 2000 printer.
I have a roll of Epson Legacy Baryta I would like to use right away
I am having trouble finding the ICC profile online.
Please help!
Thanks,
Bob

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: ICC Profiles for Epson Legacy papers for use on Canon Pro 2000?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

A thought comes to mind - if you find a Canson Baryta Photographique or a Red River San Gabriel Baryta or an Ilford Gold Fibre Silk profile for that printer, it may work reasinably well. Worth trying as those profiles are free from the paper suppliers' websites.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

uintaangler

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 01:07:05 am »

A thought comes to mind - if you find a Canson Baryta Photographique or a Red River San Gabriel Baryta or an Ilford Gold Fibre Silk profile for that printer, it may work reasinably well. Worth trying as those profiles are free from the paper suppliers' websites.

Thanks

Dan Wells

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:49:31 pm »

I had exactly the same issue - (new Canon Pro-2000, with some stock of Epson papers left from a previous printer. I have Legacy Platine, and Canson Platine proved to be an exceptionally good match (I suspect the Canson Baryta will be just as good a match to the Legacy Baryta - Epson is widely reputed to have bought the Legacy papers from Canson). Canson not only supplies the profiles, but also a matching Canon Media Information File (and instructions on how to update the file both in the printer and the driver). The custom media types strike me as a fairly significant advantage to Canson papers (or "Epson" papers actually made by Canson) over most competitors. I'm almost sure the Legacy papers are simply relabeled Canson papers, so I wouldn't worry at all about using matching Canson profiles (the Epson should be as close as roll-to-roll variation in Canson media). The Platine is a gorgeous paper that prints very well on the Canon.

I also found out that Epson Exhibition Fiber is a close match to Innova FibaPrint UltraSmooth Gloss 325 - is it the same paper? Neither Epson nor Innova is saying, but it seems likely. At least the old roll of Exhibition Fiber I had curls terribly in the Canon printer - neither the Platine nor Moab Juniper was a problem. The Exhibition Fiber feeds just fine  - but good luck flatttening the prints, although I haven't tried a De-Roller (the many heavy books overnight method produced no change at all).

Dan

uintaangler

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:13:33 am »

I had exactly the same issue - (new Canon Pro-2000, with some stock of Epson papers left from a previous printer. I have Legacy Platine, and Canson Platine proved to be an exceptionally good match (I suspect the Canson Baryta will be just as good a match to the Legacy Baryta - Epson is widely reputed to have bought the Legacy papers from Canson). Canson not only supplies the profiles, but also a matching Canon Media Information File (and instructions on how to update the file both in the printer and the driver). The custom media types strike me as a fairly significant advantage to Canson papers (or "Epson" papers actually made by Canson) over most competitors. I'm almost sure the Legacy papers are simply relabeled Canson papers, so I wouldn't worry at all about using matching Canson profiles (the Epson should be as close as roll-to-roll variation in Canson media). The Platine is a gorgeous paper that prints very well on the Canon.

I also found out that Epson Exhibition Fiber is a close match to Innova FibaPrint UltraSmooth Gloss 325 - is it the same paper? Neither Epson nor Innova is saying, but it seems likely. At least the old roll of Exhibition Fiber I had curls terribly in the Canon printer - neither the Platine nor Moab Juniper was a problem. The Exhibition Fiber feeds just fine  - but good luck flatttening the prints, although I haven't tried a De-Roller (the many heavy books overnight method produced no change at all).

Dan

Thanks

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:40:34 am »

Just finished setting up my new Canon Pro 2000 printer.
I have a roll of Epson Legacy Baryta I would like to use right away
I am having trouble finding the ICC profile online.
Please help!
Thanks,
Bob

If you like to have more choices, the white point spectral plots shows near equivalent papers of that type. Where they differ it is mainly in an increasing white reflectance for the later production batches. Felix Schoeller most likely producing them. For the Platines it is the same.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

uintaangler

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:02:48 pm »

Gents, thanks for the help.
The Canson Baryta profile seems to be fine as a substitute for a specific profile for the Epson Legacy Baryta
What would you suggest as a substitute for Epson Hot Press Bright, which if I remember correctly is a Matte paper
Thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 07:10:01 pm »

Gents, thanks for the help.
The Canson Baryta profile seems to be fine as a substitute for a specific profile for the Epson Legacy Baryta
What would you suggest as a substitute for Epson Hot Press Bright, which if I remember correctly is a Matte paper
Thanks.

Yes it is. I'd suggest trying Epson Legacy Fibre and see whether that works well enough.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »

Yes it is. I'd suggest trying Epson Legacy Fibre and see whether that works well enough.

Sorry - that was nonsense - you need a Canon Media Type. I suggest Premium Fine Art Smooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up