Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A7r flash sync  (Read 1329 times)

joeclarkx

A7r flash sync
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:19 am »

I am using A7r>Metabones>Canon lenses

My work usually covers architecture and art world.

I am very satisfied with this combo for the most part, especially using shift lenses, but when I need to use flash (for repro shots for example) I wonder if I should upgrade the body.

The problem I experience is that I seem to need to use 1/100th or even 1/80th to avoid seeing the shutter. Unfortunately I don't have any native lenses to make a comparison with.

Has anyone else experienced this issue on a7r and further, does anyone know if this issue is resolved on the ii or iii (still using Metabones and EF)?

Thanks
Joe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

TimoK

Re: A7r flash sync
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:41:04 pm »

I'm in the same situation. We are using r7 with Metabones III and Canon 100mm IS USM Macro for reproduction work.
I found that 1/80 is the fastest possible sync speed.
We use it, no problems. Canon macro is used for small originals from 35mm negs and slides to 8x10" size. With bigger ( A4 and bigger)  prints we use Sony Zeiss 50mm lens.
Used sync speed is the same. It works, but I have to test if the flash sync problem is depending with metabones/canon lens combination or is it a feature of Sony.
Now I'm wondering of upgrading. We have Canon lenses and 100mm macro is excellent. So I think we maybe move to 5DsR w/o adapter or to 7R II/7R III with Metabones adapter.
If somebody have experience of those, I'm very interested also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up