Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jpeg extensions  (Read 2289 times)

suethomo

Jpeg extensions
« on: September 17, 2006, 06:37:44 am »

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this - but when I shoot in Jpeg my file extension is now JPE instead of jpg.  When I import using Bridge (Import from Camera script) I get duplicates (JPE and jpe files.  I am not sure what the hell is going on as I obviously lack a fundamental understanding of file extensions.  Can enyone enlighten me or point me in another direction.

giles

Jpeg extensions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:10:29 am »

Are you using Windows or OS/X?  (Not that I know the answer in either case, but it may be relevant.)

Giles

suethomo

Jpeg extensions
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 03:21:42 pm »

Using windows XP

Are you using Windows or OS/X?  (Not that I know the answer in either case, but it may be relevant.)

Giles
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76670\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Jpeg extensions
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 04:34:28 pm »

This is complicated. When you install different programs at different times all using one or another of the jpg, jpeg or jpe extension (all variant names of the same file type) the last program you install can assume the default form of the file name, which could be different from or additional to the form that was there before for another program you were using. To fix this (here's where it gets complicated) requires knowing how to manage such file extension editing either in the Windows Explorer Tools>Folder Options>File Type>Advanced menu, or if that doesn't do it, directly in the Registry itself as all these extensions are "registered". It cannot be summarized in a few words. It is explained in detail in "Windows XP Annoyances" by David Karp, published by O'Reilly 2002/03. There are probably other XP manuals that also explain it, and perhaps more convenient web resources dealing with management of XP.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up