Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presentation issue  (Read 1464 times)

KevinGa

Presentation issue
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:55:56 am »

I have one PowerPoint presentation in which i have inserted various videos (linked to my network drive) and pictures that no longer play properly when i play the presentation. These videos were working correctly before.
Error message: PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on the slides in the file.
How can i remove the error or what should I do?

Rand47

Re: Presentation issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:19:13 am »

I have one PowerPoint presentation in which i have inserted various videos (linked to my network drive) and pictures that no longer play properly when i play the presentation. These videos were working correctly before.
Error message: PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on the slides in the file.

What OS?  I’m Windows, and make it a habit to keep all linked files in the same folder as the PowerPoint presentation file, itself. 

Another approach is to save the PowerPoint as a “PowerPoint Show” type file.  This embeds/inserts those audio and video files so that they travel with the single PowerPoint file.  You lose the flexibility of being able to edit the presentation “on the fly” at any given venue, but the advantage is that it’s stand alone and complete.

Not sure this really addresses "the" issue you're having, but may be an insight to a way to avoid the problem.

Rand

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:00:49 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 03:16:38 pm »

If you’re on a Mac, convert the file to a Keynote presentation which keeps all your files together automatically and you can edit it on the fly whenever and where ever.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

samcase

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:14 am »

To resolve the above error message, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Click File, then choose Save As.
2. Save the PowerPoint file at a new destination with the same or a new name.
More helpful advices how to repair PowerPoint file can be found here: https://www.repairtoolbox.com/powerpointrepair.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up