Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Pro 2 Calibration using i1 profiler  (Read 2750 times)

MazenHam

i1 Pro 2 Calibration using i1 profiler
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:43 am »

This might be a very trivial question, but I can't seem to find what to do in the rovided user manual.

I just got an i1 pro 2 and as a first step one is supposed to calibrate the i1 Pro 2 device itself as per the manual :

"Set the software for calibration of the device and press the measurement button. Status indicator
lights switch off during calibration. Once the device is successfully calibrated the status indicator
lights pulsate white[...]"

I just can't determine how to set i1 profiler for calibration of the device ! or is there another software/utility that performs this function ?

Thanks!

Doug Gray

Re: i1 Pro 2 Calibration using i1 profiler
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:22 am »

This might be a very trivial question, but I can't seem to find what to do in the rovided user manual.

I just got an i1 pro 2 and as a first step one is supposed to calibrate the i1 Pro 2 device itself as per the manual :

"Set the software for calibration of the device and press the measurement button. Status indicator
lights switch off during calibration. Once the device is successfully calibrated the status indicator
lights pulsate white[...]"

I just can't determine how to set i1 profiler for calibration of the device ! or is there another software/utility that performs this function ?

Thanks!

The I1Pro 2 comes with a base it fits on. There is a slider on the base to expose a white patch that is factory calibrated to a known spectrum. This is encoded in the I1Pro2. The base and the I1 Pro2 will have the same serial number. Calibration just aligns the instrument with preexisting knowledge of the reference white patch in the base. This is required because the I1Pro 2 uses a tungsten lamp and it's spectrum gradually changes as it ages.

MazenHam

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:39:45 am »

The I1Pro 2 comes with a base it fits on. There is a slider on the base to expose a white patch that is factory calibrated to a known spectrum. This is encoded in the I1Pro2. Calibration just aligns the instrument with preexisting knowledge of the reference white patch in the base. This is required because the I1Pro 2 uses a tungsten lamp and it's spectrum gradually changes as it ages.

Thanks Doug - but how do I actually do this ? I can't find how to calibrate the device in i1 profiler. The i1 pro2 is showing a solid white indicator, and according to instructions it means it should be calibrated.

Doug Gray

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 02:19:36 am »

Thanks Doug - but how do I actually do this ? I can't find how to calibrate the device in i1 profiler. The i1 pro2 is showing a solid white indicator, and according to instructions it means it should be calibrated.

It only calibrates initially after you print a chart and go to the "measure tab". There is a status area in the top of I1Profiler that tells you if it's calibrated. If not, just follow the directions in I1Profiler. No need to press the I1 Pro2's button. Only takes a few seconds then it's good until you close the program.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 02:50:23 am »

Before you start measuring anything, when you get to the screen that allows the measurement, there is a button on the screen under the image of the chart you will measuring that says "Calibrate". Put the colorimeter on the platform that has the white calibration patch (open it if it is not open by sliding back its cover) the click on the "Calibrate" button under the image of the screen to be measured. Once it is calibrated, a red box will appear around the area you can start measuring, and it will shift with each row you finish measuring.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

MazenHam

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 03:09:16 am »

It only calibrates initially after you print a chart and go to the "measure tab". There is a status area in the top of I1Profiler that tells you if it's calibrated. If not, just follow the directions in I1Profiler. No need to press the I1 Pro2's button. Only takes a few seconds then it's good until you close the program.

Thanks! Will try it asap

MazenHam

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:09:53 am »

Thanks! Will try it asap

Thanks Mark - will try asap !

howardm

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:14 am »

once you get past that step, one thing that trips up new i1Pro2 users is that if you look on the bottom of the device, there is a 2nd sensor that reads the IIIIIII pattern that is printed on the aluminum bar on the measuring table.  that sensor has a clear plastic cover label that needs to be removed.  Kinda hard to notice though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up