Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Adobe LR Pano creation on imported tifs  (Read 1596 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Problems with Adobe LR Pano creation on imported tifs
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

This issue has been around as far as I can remember, however now it seems to happen on most tifs I import, Nikon, Canon, Phase, etc.

LR imports the files file, and they show up in the develop mod, however when you go to create the pano, LR will always push the highlights, to a point way past blown, and it also fades or hazes over 1/2 or 1/3 of the file.  Problem is worse when you have a situation shown in the two images, extreme highlight blending.  Basically LR just can't work the files.  Same two images in Adobe CC with any of the 5 options are fine, albeit with the standard visual distortions that have to be fixed since I am using a wide lens.

Can other folks test this and see if they get similar problems.  I get this on all my machines, mac or win, and have noticed it now for quite a while. 

If I am able to use the raw file imported to LR and create the pano that way, most often there is none of this, only on tifs.   Since many times C1 gives me a better overall solution for my files, many times I would rather use C1 tifs in LR.  I still prefer LR for pano due to the boundary warp feature which most times works great and does not soften the files the way manual warping can due in CC.

Note in the example the image in the background appears hazy, however that is in part to the way LR shows the preview, the image in LR is fine as shown in my 2nd attachment.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Problems with Adobe LR Pano creation on imported tifs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »

One other example, this time 3 D850 tif's note in the attachment LR has put the files together and the Right 1/3 is hazy, which is not in the original. 
In this example LR however did not blow out the sky as it did in my previous example.

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Stephen G

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:51:10 am »

I can't remember seeing anything like this previously, and I just tested this on my system. Win10, most recent LR CC Classic.

LR Pano successfully created a pano from 4 Raw files.

I then created tiffs of the same images using DXO 10. LR displayed and stitched these just fine, and didn't display any of the hazing or highlight shifts you describe. All behaved as expected.

Idea: maybe you are applying a preset to your tiffs at import.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 10:22:32 am »

That's a great point. How do I check to see if a preset was loaded? 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Stephen G

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:00 am »

In the Import dialog on the right is the Apply During Import tab. In this you'll find options for Develop Preset, Metadata and Keywords.

If you have previously chosen a Develop Preset it remains set for future imports. The setting is 'sticky'. Have to remember to check it / clear it each time.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:25 am »

thanks I will check this.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up