Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort by Capture Time  (Read 1214 times)

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
Sort by Capture Time
« on: November 12, 2017, 04:54:15 pm »

Hi
I'm having an issue where Lightroom CCC isn't sorting by capture time correctly. I have photos from my camera imported, and then some photos from my phone (via Lightroom Mobile). Individually images from each camera seem to sort correctly, but when both sources are mixed they are not correct. The images from Lightroom Mobile are inserted between the images imported from the memory card, even though the LR Mobile images were taken several hours later.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and has a solution?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Sort by Capture Time
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:50:32 pm »

Are you sure the camera has the correct time and time zone? LR orders the image with reference to GMT

Rendezvous

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:50:34 pm »

Hmm, well the iPhone (the LR Mobile capture device) sets its own time, and it seems to pick the right time zone. The other camera is a Sony A7ii, which I have set on the correct time. The issue that is coming up is from photos I took on holiday - a two hour time difference from my home zone. The iPhone changed itself, and of course the camera did now. However, LR is still placing an image from the camera after the image from the iPhone, even though the phone image was taken 5 hours later. Even with the two hour time zone difference, it would still be 3 hours different on the recorded time.

Rendezvous

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:08:55 pm »

I did a bit more googling, it seems others have had similar problems.
Someone suggested selecting a whole bunch of photos, then selecting metadata > edit capture time, selecting adjust to a specific time, but not actually changing the time, then pressing ok. This seems to fix the issue and they are now sorted correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up