Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One handed gimbal for 5d mk4  (Read 1536 times)

Chris L

One handed gimbal for 5d mk4
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:46:40 am »

Hi I am looking for a gimbal to use with my mk4 and canon 40mm pancake lens and have zero experience with stabilizing. My total weight will be near 3 lbs. this will be used with the cameras autofocus. I would prefer a model that is easy to set up with limited fuss and don't mind paying a bit more for that luxury.

I'm hoping to use my 77mm ND filter kit with a step down ring but would abandon that if its a problem for counterbalance and would buy the smaller 48 mm dedicated ND kit if need be.

i would mostly be using this to follow persons while we are both walking.

Any recommendations?

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
Re: One handed gimbal for 5d mk4
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:58:12 pm »

Hi I am looking for a gimbal to use with my mk4 and canon 40mm pancake lens and have zero experience with stabilizing. My total weight will be near 3 lbs. this will be used with the cameras autofocus. I would prefer a model that is easy to set up with limited fuss and don't mind paying a bit more for that luxury.

I'm hoping to use my 77mm ND filter kit with a step down ring but would abandon that if its a problem for counterbalance and would buy the smaller 48 mm dedicated ND kit if need be.

i would mostly be using this to follow persons while we are both walking.

Any recommendations?

I don't have a gimbal recommendation for you, but from my experience with stabilized gimbals, you will definitely need ... two hands!  They feel heavy, really, really quickly!

And I don't think the ND step down system will be any problem for you with a gimbal.
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

Chris L

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:23:21 am by Chris L »
Pages: [1]   Go Up