Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunrise in Khopra  (Read 1313 times)

thangdong

• Endless passion for wilderness
Sunrise in Khopra
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:25:34 am »

Hi all,

I'm new to LuLa, and I saw most landscape photos here focusing on US and Europe. I'd like to share my photo of Khopra, the best place in Lower Annapurna (Nepal) for landscape photography.

I took it in last April. Hope it will inspire you guys to go there.
Explore.Shoot.Share

farbschlurf

• fototypo
Re: Sunrise in Khopra
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:29:02 am »

This is pretty saturated, but the view is nice. Looking forward to more from Asia.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

Welcome to LuLa!

One of our members here, who often shoots in Asia and comes back with equally saturated colors, remarked that the market there seems to prefer it that way.

thangdong

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »

Thanks for your comments. To be honest, after apply Velvia preset in LR, I have to desaturate a little. I think it's LR problem to read RAF file from Fuji.
Explore.Shoot.Share

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 01:42:13 pm »

Thanks for your comments. To be honest, after apply Velvia preset in LR, I have to desaturate a little. I think it's LR problem to read RAF file from Fuji.

The most important thing to realize with post-capture processing is that you, not the app, should be in control of the output. So, whether the photo is over-saturated or not is entirely dependent on you, the processor. If you like it this way, great! Go for it! But if you, too, think it’s over-saturated, then dial down the saturation more.

Personally, I’m sceptical of Presets as they impose someone else’s vision on my work. My advice is not to rely on Presets except as a “I wonder what this will look like?” way of learning. You should still, and perhaps more so, be very critical of what the Preset does and whether or not it matches your vision for the photo. This puts the power of processing back into your hands, where it belongs.

Welcome to the forum!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

thangdong

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 11:41:27 pm »

The most important thing to realize with post-capture processing is that you, not the app, should be in control of the output. So, whether the photo is over-saturated or not is entirely dependent on you, the processor. If you like it this way, great! Go for it! But if you, too, think it’s over-saturated, then dial down the saturation more.

Personally, I’m sceptical of Presets as they impose someone else’s vision on my work. My advice is not to rely on Presets except as a “I wonder what this will look like?” way of learning. You should still, and perhaps more so, be very critical of what the Preset does and whether or not it matches your vision for the photo. This puts the power of processing back into your hands, where it belongs.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Terry. Since I switched to Fuji I was a bit lost in its Velvia preset (maybe I missed my old days of Velvia films). I don't know why but using LR for Fuji raw files I couldn't get the true colors that I used to get with Nikon raw files, or my post-processing skills weren't good enough. But after your valuable advice, I'm sure to change my method again.

Many thanks.
Explore.Shoot.Share

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:02 am »

As a former user of Velvia 50 slide film, I have no qualms about its colour palette for landscapes. I like the photo very much.

francois

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 06:22:27 am »

Very nice shot. Indeed, it looks like Velvia with a polarized filter ;-)
Francois

thangdong

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 06:48:03 am »

Very nice shot. Indeed, it looks like Velvia with a polarized filter ;-)

Yeah I used a CPL  8)
Explore.Shoot.Share

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 02:53:03 pm »

Velvia with a polarized filter ;-)
That explains it ... :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up