Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Affinity 1.6 now available  (Read 1758 times)

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Affinity 1.6 now available
« on: November 02, 2017, 11:41:19 am »

The free update for Affinity Photo to version 1.6 is now available.
For existing users; you'll need to log in to your account and can then download the new file. The download links for the free offers with the new version are accessed when first starting 1.6, so don't waste your time looking for them online ;-)

Not had time to look at it much, but I do like the new light interface option.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Affinity 1.6 now available
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:39 pm »

The free update for Affinity Photo to version 1.6 is now available.
For existing users; you'll need to log in to your account and can then download the new file. The download links for the free offers with the new version are accessed when first starting 1.6, so don't waste your time looking for them online ;-)

Not had time to look at it much, but I do like the new light interface option.

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up. Affinity Designer has also been updated to version 1.60.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:27:15 pm »

I just opened the old version of AP and a pop-up box told me there was a new version available and asked whether I wanted to download it.  I did not need to log into my account.  It installed very quickly much faster than LR or PS ever did. :D

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:06:01 pm »

Have they fixed the problem with some of the Nik filters like Viveza only previewing in black and white?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:29 am »

Have they fixed the problem with some of the Nik filters like Viveza only previewing in black and white?
It doesn't look like it.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:19:09 am »

It doesn't look like it.

The difficulty with these things is, who's problem is it, to begin with? Google/NIK or Serif?

Maybe Serif can do something about it, but it would need to be reported on their forums.
Has it been reported? I cannot find any mention of it in the "Bugs in Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo" section.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

hogloff

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 08:45:48 am »

The difficulty with these things is, who's problem is it, to begin with? Google/NIK or Serif?

Maybe Serif can do something about it, but it would need to be reported on their forums.
Has it been reported? I cannot find any mention of it in the "Bugs in Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo" section.

Cheers,
Bart

NIK works fine in LR / PS so I would think it's not a NIK issue, but an Affinity issue.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 08:58:29 am »

Cheers,
Bart
Oh it has most definitely been reported and acknowledged as something they (Serif) would try to fix.  Maybe DXO will make it all better :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up