Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ delivered via web  (Read 7635 times)

jeffball

• www.earthandskyphoto.com
LLVJ delivered via web
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:40:54 pm »

Hello all,
I am no expert, but I am keenly aware of my changing habits with regards to media consumption.  Now I know there are alternative delivery systems and formats, but for me iTunes has become a centerpiece for me to receive my customized programming whether it is "The Office" TV show or "This Week in Tech" Podcast with Leo Laporte.  Now with the first iTunes introduction of legal movie purchases and the pre-announcement of the iTV, it seems like there is a major shift that is gaining momentum both in terms of media delivery mechanisms and in the faces of media creators.  What a great opportunity to create that syndicated LLVJ that perhaps was part of the original vision for Michael a few years ago?  

I don't know all of the details involved in the LLVJ and I appreciate the hard work that Michael and Chris put in to make a quality product.  My guess is that the two of them are all over alternative media delivery.  

I am just thinking out loud about the potential for future LLVJ being delivered via the web with DRM and the potential for playback on TVs via media centers or iTV.  

Just some thoughts on the topic and I hope that the benefits of a quality web-based delivery like quicker turn-around, more time-sensitive content (Adobe LR tutorial), as well as the potential for lower production costs(?) will lead to the utilization of these alternative deliveries in our near future.  

Thanks for any discussion on this.
Jeff Ball
[url=http://www.earthandskypho

michael

LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:39 am »

We have been looking long and hard at online delivery. The technology hasn't been there yet, but it's getting closer. We are going to be doing some experiments soon. Stay tuned, as they say.

Michael

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 09:49:41 am »

... and I hope that the benefits of a quality web-based delivery like quicker turn-around, more time-sensitive content (Adobe LR tutorial), as well as the potential for lower production costs(?) will lead to the utilization of these alternative deliveries in our near future. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76278\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Amen to all that you suggest Jeff!

As far as I am concerned the less 'process' that gets between what I create and what you view the better. We have always said that DVD-Video was an interim step until the 'pipes' & technology are big enough to allow viewers good quality over some sort of 'net delivery. Just as movie theatres are now starting to convert to digital delivery, we too will make the transition to no bits of plastic, no paper packaging, and above all no middleman delivery problems such as we experience with a fulfillment house, the mail and other clumsy & expensive hard package delivery systems. Bring it on!!

The reality is however, that the nirvana I describe is closer today than a week ago, but still someways off.

Chris S

jeffball

• www.earthandskyphoto.com
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:10:57 pm »

Thanks for the updates Michael and Chris.  I really look forward to your future efforts.  I just love to see great content available via these alternative deliveries and believe that LLVJ would be a wonderful addition to the on-line media library.  Good luck and thanks again.
Jeff
Jeff Ball
[url=http://www.earthandskypho

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:46 pm »

Stuff iTunes.  Keep it on DVD.  I have higher quality requirements than some.  

Quentin
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:05:05 pm by Quentin »
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

michael

LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:13 pm »

We would not abandon DVD delivery, just augment it. (At least until high enough quality downloading and streaming are possible).

Michael

Jay Kaplan

LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:05:56 pm »

The only problem with that is that not everyone wants to look at the VJ on a computer monitor.

Some of us like to relax in a comfortable chair or the sofa and look at the VJ on our TV - I am not aware of any computer monitor around 27" or larger.

Andy M

• http://
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 05:47:38 pm »

...I am not aware of any computer monitor around 27" or larger.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href=\"http://www.apple.com/uk/displays/]http://www.apple.com/uk/displays/[/url]

lbergman

LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 08:37:18 am »

And, not everyone has a high-speed connection to the internet.  

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 03:00:27 pm »

Stuff iTunes.  Keep it on DVD.  I have higher quality requirements than some.   

Quentin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep. And film will always be better than digital. Do they have internets in Saffrom Walden yet ?  
--
David Mantripp

bob mccarthy

• http://
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 06:20:40 pm »

Personally, I'd like to see LLVJ go 1080P.

Bob

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
LLVJ delivered via web
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 08:43:11 pm »

Personally, I'd like to see LLVJ go 1080P.

Me too... but its down the list of priorities.

More importantly I would like to see it available more often [not a stab at Michael - good things take time] - but just love it when a new issue is released.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up