Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published Sony a7r III First Impressions  (Read 5148 times)

bikoutelis

Re: Just Published Sony a7r III First Impressions
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 12:20:24 am »

Hi Kevin, many thanks for putting this together.

Dis you get the chance to try the pixel shifting feature? Or do you have anything more to add to what's writen already? In my opinion and for my use it could be the most important feature but I can't find anything substantial on it.

Thanks again, your articles are always a great read

Aristotle

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 01:49:54 am »

None of us had the chance to try the Pixel Shift yet.  It requires a PC not a MAC so it may be hard for me to test.  I'll know more in the next few weeks as I get a chance to work with this camera again. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 02:56:54 am »

Interesting on the Sensor GelStick - I buy mine from the manufacturer and have had excellent results with them.  I know there were a lot of fakes being peddled a while back on some sites.  Is it possible you got one of those?

It could be... I bought it in Amazon UK... not sure... it was quite difficult to find it in a shop in Europe, maybe I will go directly to the manufacturer webpage

http://dgpfotografia.com

VidJa

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »

are you able to switch the focus between the detected eyes?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 04:01:06 pm »

I believe it picks one eye.  Not sure if you can switch it.  I will be shooting with the a7r III for the next several days.  I will try and see if there is a selection for EYE-AF.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Farmer

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 05:54:53 pm »

None of us had the chance to try the Pixel Shift yet.  It requires a PC not a MAC so it may be hard for me to test.  I'll know more in the next few weeks as I get a chance to work with this camera again.

Honestly, Kevin, they're very easy and inexpensive to purchase and easy to run.  I'm a little surprised you can't even borrow a PC from someone, let alone just buy one and run the software.  You don't need a beast of a machine - converting a few images using the software and then throwing them back over to your Mac would easy.  Or, you could just Bootcamp or any of the various ways available to run Windows on one of your Macs.  This really shouldn't be a major hurdle for you guys, unless you're just frightened you'll end up liking the PC ;-)
Phil Brown

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 10:30:51 pm »

Phil . . .it's like going to the dark side.  I'll do some pixel shift images over the next few days and then BORROW a PC.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Farmer

Phil Brown

andyptak

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 12:43:16 pm »

Ignoring the fact that the Sony software for Mutishot may be a bit of a dog - ??? - does anyone know whether the mark 3 with multishot gives a higher quality capture than the mark 2 using Sony's Smooth Reflections app? An app that the mk 3 will not be able to use, by the way.

I shoot architecture and for interiors have found the Smooth Reflections app to be a Godsend. Although this use was not the original intention of this app I set it to take 16 shots, which it does in short bursts, and after in-camera processing produces one lovely Raw file with no noise and superb detail.

I think the mk 3 is actually a mk 2.5, which is okay with me if multishot delivers, If it's little or no improvement over the Smooth Reflections app, then I'll take a pass.

Fred Miranda has done extensive testing of Smooth Reflections with good results and has an active discussion on the subject on his site.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up