Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchasing Capture One Pro  (Read 2520 times)

kap55

Purchasing Capture One Pro
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

Hi,

I'm a fairly new C1P trial user and I have decided to convert from Lightroom.  Based on previous C1P release dates it would not seem unreasonable to expect version 11 to be released in the next couple of months.  If I purchase v10 now and a new version is released a few weeks from now am I covered with a free upgrade?  There must be a specific time frame that would allow a free upgrade - with most software companies it seems to be one or two months.

I have asked the question to PhaseOne support staff but received a response stating that they cannot comment on future development.  They must see my question as an attempt to learn the v11 release date, but really it is totally unrelated.  I just want to know how long I am covered - if at all - after my initial purchase.  Worst case scenario is no upgrade protection and that is something I would like to know prior to purchase.

If anyone is aware of PhaseOne policy regarding this and could advise I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Mike Dale

Re: Purchasing Capture One Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »

I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I can tell you that B&H currently has a $75 off sale on Capture One Pro. It expires at midnight on October 30th so you have a few hours yet. That will certainly offset any additional expense in going to 11.

ario

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 09:33:17 pm »

Hi,

I'm a fairly new C1P trial user and I have decided to convert from Lightroom.  Based on previous C1P release dates it would not seem unreasonable to expect version 11 to be released in the next couple of months.  If I purchase v10 now and a new version is released a few weeks from now am I covered with a free upgrade?  There must be a specific time frame that would allow a free upgrade - with most software companies it seems to be one or two months.

I have asked the question to PhaseOne support staff but received a response stating that they cannot comment on future development.  They must see my question as an attempt to learn the v11 release date, but really it is totally unrelated.  I just want to know how long I am covered - if at all - after my initial purchase.  Worst case scenario is no upgrade protection and that is something I would like to know prior to purchase.

If anyone is aware of PhaseOne policy regarding this and could advise I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
When CO 10 was released on December 1st 2016, the free upgrade coverage was one month.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:51:10 am »

When CO 10 was released on December 1st 2016, the free upgrade coverage was one month.

Yes, based on history, it is likely that a Version 11 will be released in the coming months. But nothing is confirmed at this moment. So the only thing you can do right now, is wait if your trial period has expired. Do note that there is usually a number of coupons available from dealers that give something like a 10% discount, so make sure to not miss that opportunity.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:32:16 am »

You have also the option to subscribe to C1 and then get any eventual update whenever is released

kap55

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 07:36:07 am »

Thanks very much for the responses - it looks like one month is the number.  I'm in Canada so will probably purchase directly from PhaseOne with a 10 percent discount coupon.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »

Thanks very much for the responses - it looks like one month is the number.  I'm in Canada so will probably purchase directly from PhaseOne with a 10 percent discount coupon.

You might also inquire with B3K in Canada. They are a very good Phase One partner.

kap55

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 03:51:41 pm »

You might also inquire with B3K in Canada. They are a very good Phase One partner.

Thank you very much - I will look into that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up