Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating LR 6 issue  (Read 1758 times)

Ian MacDonald

Updating LR 6 issue
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:42:10 pm »

Hello all,
Yesterday I purchased a Fujifilm X-T2. I knew in advance that my LR 5.7 would not support the X-T2's raw files. Adobe says the X-T2 raw files are supported by LR 6.6. So, three days ago I bought LR 6 perpetual license on CD / DVD from B&H. That gives me LR 6.0. However, there is no way that I can get anything to happen when I go to "help" and select "update."  Just the continuous "revolving dots." Any thoughts? I'm running Windows 10.

Tks, Ian

Denis de Gannes

Re: Updating LR 6 issue
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »

Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Ian MacDonald

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

Thanks very much Denis, that did the trick! Too bad the Adobe "updates" in the Help didn't take me there.

Much appreciated.

Ian

saiguy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »

I have a bigger problem. I used to have LR6 on my MBP and deleted it after moving to LRCC. Wanted to get it back given recent developments. The link above can get you to an install LR6 link. But it downloads LRCC. What gives.

I think I may have to Buy LR6 again to get it. Seems to be the only way.

Thanks Adobe

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:51 am »

Have you tried the procedure described in the following link? apparently the installer is LR CC (2015) and then you "serialize" it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom-6.html

saiguy

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:05:33 pm »

Thanks for the 2 above links. They were helpful/necessary. So I had to set up a new email address with my ISP, earthlink.net. That required tech support/screen sharing take over, etc., so complicated. I needed to have an Adobe ID not related to my CC ID to get this done. This required a different email address/ID.

I downloaded LR6 trial. When I opened that there was a button to "license". Put my lic key in and it opened the non-trial LR6.0. Using the same above link I did the "update 6.13". It did so. Interesting, my LRCC cat from CC 2015 with all the data was replicated.

Yesterday I ordered LR6.0 DVD from B&H. Said it shipped. Get them while they last !

I also talked to a sales lady at Adobe yesterday who told me they quit selling LR6 2 months ago. Seems the indefinitely has become definite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up