Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does Lightroom put deleted photos, they are not in the Trash (Mac)  (Read 1092 times)

tsinsf

Lightroom Classic CC (7.0)
Mac OS 10.12.6

I just deleted 1000 photos using Lightroom Remove Photo/Delete from Disk. They are gone from my hard drive, but not in the trash. What happened to them? Does Lightroom bypass the Trash?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Where does Lightroom put deleted photos, they are not in the Trash (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:16:29 pm »

It does on my Mac.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

SrMi

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:56:25 pm »

Lightroom Classic CC (7.0)
Mac OS 10.12.6

I just deleted 1000 photos using Lightroom Remove Photo/Delete from Disk. They are gone from my hard drive, but not in the trash. What happened to them? Does Lightroom bypass the Trash?

They land in the trash for me as well, but if your images are on an external disk and you eject that disk, you will not see them in the trash any longer until you reconnect the disk.

tsinsf

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 01:50:03 pm »

Here is what I have discovered. LR is on my SSD boot drive but most of my photos are on an external drive. When I Remove/Delete, the deleted photos go to limbo: they disappear from the external drive, but do not appear in the trash. If I restart the computer, the photos appear in the trash. If I Remove/Delete photos on my boot drive, the go to the trash. The external drive is properly formatted for Mac: Mac OS Extended Journaled. So be it.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up