Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anomalous P800 streaks  (Read 4781 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Anomalous P800 streaks
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 05:45:28 pm »

Are you printing borderless by chance?  is there a possibility that you had paper size check turned off and the printer “over” printed?  this looks like some serious ink build build up somewhere in the assembly.  Very easy to do if you print a lot of borderless prints or if you accidentally overprint an area without paper under it.

It can also happen if you have to somewhat forcefully pull paper out from a jam, or if a corner of the paper gets bent going through.

While not common, they are known to happen, and usually are not a manifestation of a serious problem. If the printer is defective and is leaking, certainly this will be a symptom but it’s usually pretty easy to see ink in other places that it shouldn’t be inside the printer.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 06:26:03 pm »

Wayne, I never print borderless and I have opened the cover and not seen anything I can identify as leaked ink, nor is there any leakage emerging from under the printer.

I always print from presets that I’ve been using all along, so there’s no chance the paper size was set wrong.  There was one jam months ago which, once undone, caused no problems.  And the paper corners are always ok.

Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37:30 pm »

Hopefully what you are seeing is just an anomaly then.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 12:54:40 pm »

I'm hoping too.  Thanks for your help.

Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Ferp

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 07:02:05 pm »

Ink dripping on the page is not common for this style of printer with dampers - it could happen for some of the older smaller printers.  There are cleaning videos around that may help, but on a recent refurb?  It may just be an anomaly, but if it were me, I'd be on to Epson as soon as possible.  My understanding of these refurbs is that they're a roll of the dice for both Epson and the buyer.  It's far from clear how much work they do on them.  I've read of instances where Epson has had to ship a series of them for someone to get a reliable one.  They seem to do so fairly readily. 

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:16 am »

I'd be on to Epson as soon as possible.

Ferp, I'd appreciate a bit of elaboration.  Would I "be on Epson" to request a replacement (it's still under warranty)?  Or for diagnostic help to apply to my current printer?  It seems natural to assume it was a one-time occurrence as long as the prints keep coming out ok.

There are cleaning videos around that may help

If the prints are coming out ok, is there still some reason in my situation to consider these cleaning videos?
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Ferp

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 09:08:28 am »

Would I "be on Epson" to request a replacement (it's still under warranty)?  Or for diagnostic help to apply to my current printer?  It seems natural to assume it was a one-time occurrence as long as the prints keep coming out ok.

I'd report the problem and see what they say. I've not had to do this myself, but my impression from reading reports from those who have is that they seem to offer a replacement fairly readily. Personally, I'm not convinced that it's going to be a one-off.

If the prints are coming out ok, is there still some reason in my situation to consider these cleaning videos?

Probably not unless you decide to stick with the printer and then you get a recurrence. The point of my comment was to observe that there are possible courses of action, if for example you were out of warranty, but why would you bother if you were in warranty?

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 09:18:49 am »

Thank you, Ferp.

And yes, getting my replacement from Epson when my first printer failed was easy: as soon as I told them the error code that showed up on the printer's control panel they offered to send a new printer, with no shipping costs for me.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Matthew63

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

so..
have been VERY happily printing using my p800 had some black lines show up.. rad a head nozzle cleaning and a deep cleaning through the maintenance tab on printer...
first print had an error, then a deep cleening?? not sure if its called that ... now all good.

I had recently swapped from matte to pk Im sure that ws the source of the small black lines which are thankfully gone...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up