Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red River Aurora Fine Art Paper  (Read 6383 times)

sbuttrick

Red River Aurora Fine Art Paper
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:01:09 pm »

Is or has anyone here tried RR Aurora FA paper yet?  If so, I sure would like to know what you think of it.

Regards,

Scott
Best Regards
 Scott  www.luminous-vista.c

v70rnj

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:53:54 pm »

Is or has anyone here tried RR Aurora FA paper yet?  If so, I sure would like to know what you think of it.

Regards,

Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have used it with an Epson 1280 and am pleased with the results on the Aurora White FA paper.  I have a sample of the natural as well but have not used that yet - it looks like it would be a better choice for a warm B & W than the color prints I have been making.

The look is somewhat "painterly" but I prefer it to the Epson Colorlife that I used to use, and to the Epson Heavyweight Matte I have also used.  They were offering a free sample of two sheets each of the Natural and the White a while ago with an order.  I have been using their Green (100% recycled) paper for wildlife 5x7 cards I donate to the local Audubon Society for their sale for fundraising and was pleased with that product - it seems much better than any other recycled photo paper I have seen - no wood chips!

Dexter

eeprete

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:39:27 am »

Is or has anyone here tried RR Aurora FA paper yet?  If so, I sure would like to know what you think of it.

Regards,

Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have two cylinders sitting on my dining room floor waiting for me to try it. I ordered the 13 x 37 sheets to try in my Epson 2200. I plan to do a panorama tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. I am likely only going to run one with the default RR profile, and then order a smaller batch of smaller paper to get a profile done.

chilehead

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 09:28:48 am »

Prior to my Canon i9900 dying as the result of a storm, I used this paper for "artists reproductions" of pastel prints.*  Unfortunately, I never tried to print photos, but the colors in the reproduction prints were very accurate.  

The sample kits are very resonably priced, so it won't cost you much to try for yourself:
http://redrivercatalog.com/samples/index.htm

They have been an excellent company to work with.  When some of my sheets arrived with marks on them, they were quick to offer a credit.

-Mark

* Yes, I know the i9900 is not an "archival" printer, but this was fully disclosed to my customer!

Brad_Stiritz

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:27:05 pm »

Hey Scott,

I just got a couple of sample sheets of the Aurora white paper, from Drew at Red River. I've been looking for something better than Epson Enhanced Matte, which is my current preferred paper. The Aurora paper is excellent in many respects (weight, brightness, color gamut) IMO, but unfortunately is not quite an ultra-smooth paper. If you can live with very slight texture, it's worth checking out.

Brad
Brad Stiritz
candid portraits [url=http:

sbuttrick

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 09:15:45 am »

Thanks Guy's for responding.  I bought some and it's a nice paper, but I also got some Moab Entrada Natural which is a fantastic paper.  It seems that the Entrada holds shadow detail better and I like the warmth of the paper.

Scott
Best Regards
 Scott  www.luminous-vista.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up