Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Papers on Sale at B&H  (Read 1095 times)

Fred Salamon

Canson Papers on Sale at B&H
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:42:50 pm »

Canson papers are 15% off at B&H.
Deal ends 10/30/17 according to B&H chat rep.

Thought some folks here might find this information helpful.

Canson Paper at B&H

patjoja

Re: Canson Papers on Sale at B&H
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:52 am »

Canson papers are 15% off at B&H.
Deal ends 10/30/17 according to B&H chat rep.

Thought some folks here might find this information helpful.

Canson Paper at B&H

Thanks Fred!

Bought 2 rolls of Platine.

Patrick

narikin

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:56 am »

Yeah Canson Platine's prices are still rather high, especially if you compare to Epson Legacy Platine, under its rebate offer, which is basically the exact same paper.

(There's about 5/6 Platine's out there, under different marketing brand names, almost certainly all coming from the same mill, with only the minutest of differences)

That said, Canson are cheaper than Hahnemuhle, who are crazy expensive, and give you shorter rolls on top of that. (Canson 50ft/15m Hahnemuhle 39ft/12m. A big difference.) I also find Hahnemuhle's QC to be worse than Canson. Black dots (cotton seed pod residue apparently) can randomly appear mid roll in Photo Rag Baryta, ruining an expensive big print, and they refuse to compensate. Another reason I prefer Platine to Hahnemuhle PRB.

patjoja

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 10:48:33 am »

Yeah Canson Platine's prices are still rather high, especially if you compare to Epson Legacy Platine, under its rebate offer, which is basically the exact same paper.

(There's about 5/6 Platine's out there, under different marketing brand names, almost certainly all coming from the same mill, with only the minutest of differences)

That said, Canson are cheaper than Hahnemuhle, who are crazy expensive, and give you shorter rolls on top of that. (Canson 50ft/15m Hahnemuhle 39ft/12m. A big difference.) I also find Hahnemuhle's QC to be worse than Canson. Black dots (cotton seed pod residue apparently) can randomly appear mid roll in Photo Rag Baryta, ruining an expensive big print, and they refuse to compensate. Another reason I prefer Platine to Hahnemuhle PRB.

I'll have to check out Epson Legacy Platine.  The other obvious one is Red River Palo Duro Softgloss Rag. 

Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up