Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon XPS for higher bit files  (Read 1538 times)

Jswanson

• Jswanson Photography
Canon XPS for higher bit files
« on: October 26, 2017, 04:41:49 pm »

Hello,

I received the Canon Pro-4000 and still have much to learn. It is my understanding to print above 8bit files I need to use the XPS which I have installed.

That said my issue is using other than Canon profiles. I installed many of Breathing Colors AM1x files and I am able to set the printer to the correct paper in Print Studio Pro plug in to LR or just using LR if I select printer Pro-4000 but if I select printer Pro-4000XPS those profiles do not show up.

Any thoughts on why they show up in one but not the other? Thank you for looking and any advice you are willing to share.
Live the Dream!

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon XPS for higher bit files
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:15 am »

Hello,

I received the Canon Pro-4000 and still have much to learn. It is my understanding to print above 8bit files I need to use the XPS which I have installed.

That said my issue is using other than Canon profiles. I installed many of Breathing Colors AM1x files and I am able to set the printer to the correct paper in Print Studio Pro plug in to LR or just using LR if I select printer Pro-4000 but if I select printer Pro-4000XPS those profiles do not show up.

Any thoughts on why they show up in one but not the other? Thank you for looking and any advice you are willing to share.

You have to "Update media information" for the XPS driver first. It's somewhere in the "Maintenace" tab in the printer driver settings. As a side note these are not profiles but media settings.

EDIT: It's not in the "Maintenance" tab (like the PRO-1000). It's on the "Device settings" tab. Look for the "Update media information" button. Here is the relevant manual page:
http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/PRO-4000/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-device_settings.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:28:08 am by Panagiotis »

Jswanson

• Jswanson Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:31:08 am »

Thank you for the assist Panagiotis.

I am able to locate the device settings by going to control panel/Hardware and sound/Devices and Printer click on Pro4000 printer and enter device settings. I did this earlier and that installed the media settings for the AM1x files I got from Breathing Color into the Pro4000 but not into the Pro4000XPS when selected in Print Studio Pro or Lightroom.

If there is a location for the XPS driver specifically I am unsure where that is.
Live the Dream!

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 05:08:26 pm »

For the PRO-1000 I own when I click the printer properties I get an option in a pooldoqn menu to choose between the regular driver and the XPS drive settings. This in Win10.

Sent from my Valencia2_Y100pro using Tapatalk

Jswanson

• Jswanson Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 09:51:37 am »

Thank you Panagiotis! I do not get that option with printer properties. I will try installing XPS again or removing it then installing it. I am using Win8.1 but believe they should act similar.
Live the Dream!

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 01:10:06 pm »

Here is a screenshot. When I click "Display Printer properties" a small dialog "Select Printer" pops up:

Jswanson

• Jswanson Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 05:43:21 pm »

Interesting mine is now listed in control panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers and now listed as Pro4000 and another Pro4000XPS . I ran the Update Media on the added Pro4000XPS and it now has all the AM1x selections I added for Breathing Color.

Thank you very much for the assist Panagiotis, very much appreciated!

Live the Dream!
Pages: [1]   Go Up