Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nik and DXO  (Read 6088 times)

rdonson

Re: Nik and DXO
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »

DXO has maintained that they're only equipped to handle Bayer sensors.  They don't do reviews of X-Trans sensors or Fuji XF lenses.
Regards,
Ron

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:48 pm »

Which is why they should add the coding to handle the Fuji sensors as well. Originally they did not make the effort because they did not have as big a consumer base as they do now. The Fuji's are lot more popular and with the latest Adobe position it makes a bigger market for them.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

rdonson

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 05:59:34 pm »

One can hope, Alan.
Regards,
Ron

rasworth

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 06:32:45 pm »

Question - does PhotoLab integrate into Photoshop via a plugin interface, such as ACR, or is it a Lightroom type of raw converter?  I had a copy several years ago, can buy it at a discount, but I'm only interested if I can use it per the same workflow as with ACR.

Richard Southworth

lhodaniel

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 09:03:14 pm »

Warning: wet-blanket mode on>  :o

I've been playing with Photolab a little and have found their implementation of U-point to be sorely lacking at this point. Clearly, Photolab's selective edits are a big improvement over DOP (which was none). But there is currently no way to see a grayscale view of the aggregate mask as there is in Viveza and the old Capture NX2. This makes it difficult to work with multiple points and/or points mixed with brushes and grads. I've also noticed that if you push up exposure, say in clouds, the effect seems to be too localized to the immediate area of the pin and not even covering the selection circle.

Not being able to view the aggregate mask is a fundamental flaw and must be fixed ASAP IMO. DxO support has been very responsive and that this info would be forwarded to the developers.

Lloyd

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 12:53:33 am »

Warning: wet-blanket mode on>  :o

I've been playing with Photolab a little and have found their implementation of U-point to be sorely lacking at this point. Clearly, Photolab's selective edits are a big improvement over DOP (which was none). But there is currently no way to see a grayscale view of the aggregate mask as there is in Viveza and the old Capture NX2. This makes it difficult to work with multiple points and/or points mixed with brushes and grads. I've also noticed that if you push up exposure, say in clouds, the effect seems to be too localized to the immediate area of the pin and not even covering the selection circle.

Not being able to view the aggregate mask is a fundamental flaw and must be fixed ASAP IMO. DxO support has been very responsive and that this info would be forwarded to the developers.

Indeed, this is definitely an area of improvement.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up