Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D850-Monitor Delay  (Read 131299 times)

_BillJackson_

Nikon D850-Monitor Delay
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:36 pm »

After successfully shooting the Nikon D800 and D810, I'm running into a minor snag on setting up the D850.  After I take a picture, the new image appears on the monitor for approximately 5-seconds.  How do I extend the duration so I can study the image?  The manual's instructions for "Monitor Off Delay" have no impact, as far as I can tell.  Or am I just missing something obvious?  Thanks for any advice.

Bill Jackson

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Nikon D850-Monitor Delay
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 01:40:20 pm »

On my Df (and in the D810 manual; I use both), custom settings c4 (monitor off display) has more options one step deeper into the menu.  The top option is for playback, and I think that may be the one you need to work with (it offers a selection of playback durations). 

I assume the codes for the many custom settings are the same for the D850, but they may not be.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

_BillJackson_

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »

Thanks, Jeffrey.  Under  Timers/AE lock > Monitor off Delay, I was fixated on the options under Playback.  So I did not just look down and see Image Review which offered the correct time delays.  Focusing on the manual and monitor of the Nikon D850 for new tricks is giving me tunnel vision, which I don't need as a landscape photographer. 

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »

You're welcome, Bill.  Glad I could get you at least partly to the right place.  I don't think about those settings very much anymore.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up