Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying with cameras from/to the UK  (Read 6584 times)

Ed Jack

Flying with cameras from/to the UK
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:39:58 am »

dear all.

I am going to Cyprus soon, what are the rules for hand luggage following the bomb scares ?

I have the standard Hasselblad H1 kit (80mm) lens in a Lowe pro "Orion waist bag"
size:

Orion AW beltpack
Size (Interior): 12.5W x 7D x 9H in / 32 x 18 x 23 cm
Weight: 2lb, 14oz; 1304g

Will I be allowed to take this on board. If I can't, then I can't take my camera, as there is no way I'm putting it in the hold!

Thanks for any links tro relevant info or advice in advance

Ed

francois

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 07:14:17 am »

dear all.

I am going to Cyprus soon, what are the rules for hand luggage following the bomb scares ?

I have the standard Hasselblad H1 kit (80mm) lens in a Lowe pro "Orion waist bag"
size:

Orion AW beltpack
Size (Interior): 12.5W x 7D x 9H in / 32 x 18 x 23 cm
Weight: 2lb, 14oz; 1304g

Will I be allowed to take this on board. If I can't, then I can't take my camera, as there is no way I'm putting it in the hold!

Thanks for any links tro relevant info or advice in advance

Ed
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ed,
I understand that problems with carry-on size arise only if travel (or simply transit) to/from the UK. Can't you avoid the UK? I've seen that in London they enforce reduced-size carry-ons and the max width was 16cm.
Now, I've not travelled in the UK since the last August alert and I don't know if they really enforce these new rules strictly. CNN has some info and reader comments [a href=\"http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/08/23/quest.blog12/index.html]here[/url].
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:53:40 am by francois »
Francois

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:05:36 am »

If you are travelling through the UK, you will NOT be allowed to board unless your luggage is within the new dimensions - trust me - I;m awaiting a refund from BMI Baby after they lied about the situation and I was forced to travel by train rather than risk certain damage to my equipment.

If all you are taking though is an H1 body, lens and back, I suspect that you could get a new bag that complies with the dimensions.

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:27:48 am »

If you are travelling through the UK, you will NOT be allowed to board unless your luggage is within the new dimensions - trust me - I;m awaiting a refund from BMI Baby after they lied about the situation and I was forced to travel by train rather than risk certain damage to my equipment.

If all you are taking though is an H1 body, lens and back, I suspect that you could get a new bag that complies with the dimensions.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I understand that you can purchase expensive and compatible bags at the British airports...

Francois

Ed Jack

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:26:09 am »

I understand that you can purchase expensive and compatible bags at the British airports...

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All travel restrictions to be cancelled next week - just in time for me!

francois

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:59:53 am »

All travel restrictions to be cancelled next week - just in time for me!

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76300\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ed,
You're a lucky guy!
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up