Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Setting on HPZ3200 for Platine  (Read 1238 times)

deanwork

Media Setting on HPZ3200 for Platine
« on: October 21, 2017, 03:21:52 pm »

I was wondering what media setting people are using for Canson Platine on the Z3200?

I've been using what I always used on the z3100 which is fine art pearl less ink.
When I lay down a lot of ink using that set up I seem to get subtle pressure marks on the print. It takes awhile for hem to flatten away under weights . I never see anything like this on my Canon or on my 3100 that I can remember.

Is there another media setting for thicker cotton pk papers that people use?

I use the greater than 240 gsm for matte m dia but that is Mk.

John

pikeys

• My Pics
Re: Media Setting on HPZ3200 for Platine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »

John-Not sure this will help,as I'm using the Canon-pro100 printer
On both Platine & photographigue,Canson is telling me to use ...Plus semi gloss.

Mike

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 02:16:21 pm »

I was wondering what media setting people are using for Canson Platine on the Z3200?

I've been using what I always used on the z3100 which is fine art pearl less ink.
When I lay down a lot of ink using that set up I seem to get subtle pressure marks on the print. It takes awhile for hem to flatten away under weights . I never see anything like this on my Canon or on my 3100 that I can remember.

Is there another media setting for thicker cotton pk papers that people use?

I use the greater than 240 gsm for matte m dia but that is Mk.

John

Since you're having trouble with pressure marks, I have an idea for you that may seem counter intuitive.
First, you could try the Quad Ink preset: Fine Art Paper More Ink and experiment with ink limiting while making the profile.

This setting is found marked with the red square in the chart found on this page: (undoubtedly you are completely familiar with it), but this is a suggestion to experiment with:

http://z3200.com/Working_with_other%20Papers_HP-Z3100_z3200_Printers.htm

My next suggestion would be to use the HP Baryta Photo Paper preset.  You can adjust the star wheel height when making the profile.

These are my thoughts John.  The Fine Art Paper (more ink) setting sometimes produces surprising results with tough to handle substrates.

Best -

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:44:01 pm »

Thanks Mark, I forgot about the hp baryta media settings no. I'll try that first the if that doesn't work will try something else. The worst problem I had was a 40x60 print with solid black background. It was clearly laying down too much ink with the fine art pearl less ink setting. It also stopped halfway through and besides all the waveness  of the paper that would never flatten out, it also stopped halfway through and paused and that left a gray line in the middle of the print.

Since you're having trouble with pressure marks, I have an idea for you that may seem counter intuitive.
First, you could try the Quad Ink preset: Fine Art Paper More Ink and experiment with ink limiting while making the profile.

This setting is found marked with the red square in the chart found on this page: (undoubtedly you are completely familiar with it), but this is a suggestion to experiment with:

http://z3200.com/Working_with_other%20Papers_HP-Z3100_z3200_Printers.htm

My next suggestion would be to use the HP Baryta Photo Paper preset.  You can adjust the star wheel height when making the profile.

These are my thoughts John.  The Fine Art Paper (more ink) setting sometimes produces surprising results with tough to handle substrates.

Best -

Mark

sharadn

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 08:00:18 pm »

I know that is a bit of a stale thread but it caught my interest as I have been having similar issues with cockling on the Canson Platine Fiber. I love this paper but I still can't say that I have gotten it to print properly. I tried to make a new profile and my color sensor went bad. I just replaced it and can now make new profiles. I just made one using the Baryta setting for media. I will see how that worked out. If this is of interest to you, please review this thread that I started at DP review. It has photos of the cockling.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4235477
The odd thing is that when using Red River Palo Duro SoftGloss paper 17x25 sheets with identical profiles I get perfectly flat prints from the RR paper and the Canson buckles. I understand that are the same paper. They certainly look and feel identical. If the OP has resolved the issue please report back in what worked. I have gone through a ton of expensive paper trying to get this sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up